2 turbos + LSx motor = 49K

caseyctsv

Well, you gotta figure a stock 35th SS goes for what, 20k now. So the Ligenfelter package is 29k on top of this. You are definately paying for the name, but that name is one of the few aftermarket companies that WILL add value to a car.

Then you have to look at the parts. If you start adding all that stuff together, parts alone will get pretty expensive. Gotta figure your average QUALITY twin turbo kit will run 6-7k. Those heads are another 2k. Probably another 2k in the shortblock. $800 converter. Tranny was probably 2-3k. Rear end was about $2400. $350 K-member. Looks like a full fuel system there w/ braided lines and such.....that adds up quickly. $350 driveshaft, $850 intake, $450 throttle body, $650 catback.

Just adding up what I listed, which left off a lot of stuff, I already hit over 18k in parts.

It could. As long as the fuel system could handle it, and they've got enough turbo, I don't see any reason why they couldn't turn it up to 6-800.

If your paying that much for it allready, the boost should be tunred up. Isn't that the point of buying the car from Lingen Felter, shouldn't it be allready be running as much boost as possible? :confused:

If your paying that much for it allready, the boost should be tunred up. Isn't that the point of buying the car from Lingen Felter, shouldn't it be allready be running as much boost as possible? :confused:

Not for that cheap of a price. I think lingenfelter's BASE twin turbo package for the vettes, is right around $25,000. That just gets you in the ballpark of 550hp, using your STOCK shortblock. Their high end shit is $$$$.

I mean why have the racing stripes and tacky exhaust.. why couldn't it just be nice and clean like Linn's?

IIRC the racing stripes are part of the 35th ann. edition as the the exhaust...meh. I personally liked the single 3/4 inch pipe that the SS came with.