Gli

Guest xGLIx

For an example the mk2 I was talking about above has about 13k total into it including the car and its not complete. Its at 22psi right now which is basically fucking retarded and makes ~325hp. It hasn't been run at the track since the turbo upgrade was done but it did a 13.90 on the stock turbo with a street tune on the stand alone. A lot of money for not a lot of return, owner wants to sell it and buy a mustang. ;-)

bill, youve got a deal.

fush, the reason i asked is this...

you need to be better than 12's to drive around me, and it cost me 3 grand to get there. any car can be faster than any car, i just wondered how realistic it was for someone to make a statement like "gli's are faster than wrx's". especially some guy who thinks that i was quoting blackstreet in another thread, and that we the rest of us are going to be looking for transparent s2000's wherever we go.

i see 12's all day long in GTI's like stated i owned 3 VW's.

Buddy of mine has a stroked and turbo'd VR. Its nice. cant give out details.

We built a mk2 GTI VR6 (was 8v) Its nice. cant give out details.

like you say you have modded your car. stock to stock. ive driven both. the WRX is slower then the GTI. im no pretty boy behind the wheel, i max them out. a freind of mine just sold his 20th rabbit to buy a WRX, said its the worst choice hes made.

if you want to race though. ill get the roc out maybe we can play. not sure whats going on tomorrow night with my work schedule (inventory) but id be willing to play.

well, ill be out tomorrow, and ill more than likely be running thorne for a coke. im not one to turn down races, so sure man, if you want to run, im game. i imagine that youll want to go from a roll, seeing as how its kinda cold.

im guessing by vr, you mean vr6? stroked and boosted i bet that thing is pretty quick.

not that i dont believe you, but i know four people who sold their v-dubs to get into wrx's, and they say theres no going back. jimmy dean, kelly and his wife, wende, and jason niemiller. guess its a "different strokes" thing. personally, i love my car.

There are several vw's that are into what 12's?

Anyways the GLI which I do have has been a nice reliable car for me...I really like it with the different suspension, and 6 speed tranny than other jettas.

ABout the 1.8t it's a much easier motor to make descent power with...very good motor!, But obviously if you want to sink 3-5k go with the vr6 and turbo it...but for 2k you will produce much more power with a 1.8t by chip, exhaust, intake, and fmic....

Anyways if the wrx is in the 12's I would like a run with him as would another 1.8t....a roll of course since i am fwd which does SUCK compared to any awd or rwd car for that matter...

any other questions about my car lemme know

p.s. the recaro seats are cool but you don't get the heated seats, and the ground effects and wheels and upgrade brakes are a plus as well!

sounds like i may be busy racing tomorrow.

<grin>

edit: for the record, im not sure how this turned into a "everyone race dj" thread. all i wanted to know was how much it costs to get a dub into the 12's, and get a free plug in for my car (which, incidentally, is for sale).

STOCK TO STOCK a gti si not faster then a WRX

a GTI 1.8t Run a 15.2 Best I have seen bone stock is like a 14.8 with a 2.1 60'

Were WRX run mid 14's

For the record I ran a 15.2 STOCK on a 1.8t and a 14.7 with a cut off muffler and a MBC

My Monte stock ran a 15.0 and we shall see its new number soon

That is a VR6 JTI(jetta front end on a GTI) and there is another guy that almost put down 500WHP with the vr6 as well....obviously there is no replacement for displacement but I love my 1.8T!

Sorry I won't be out this weekend DJ(correct name?) but I'm sure you will see me out soon enough...I MIGHT go out this saturday but who knows?

anyways squeeling brakes are when you are in reverse and have the brakes slightly on that's the only time I notice it...

Any car can be made into anything if you got the money, ''

To get a GTI into the 12's? APR stage 3 and drag slicks = 6 to 8k.

But i mean It all take smoney you got money?

Than you can do it.

http://www.VWVortex.com Largest VW forums on this continent. Guy in the technical forums of 1.8t, Has a 500HP 1.8t on boost only!

Any car can be made into anything if you got the money, ''

To get a GTI into the 12's? APR stage 3 and drag slicks = 6 to 8k.

But i mean It all take smoney you got money?

Than you can do it.

http://www.VWVortex.com Largest VW forums on this continent. Guy in the technical forums of 1.8t, Has a 500HP 1.8t on boost only!

People are getting into 11's with apr stage 3 + and slicks and low low 12's(12.1-2's) with streets! (traps 116-120) it's all driver then....there are stock turbo no nitrous people in high high 12's with slicks!...anyways there is also several above that shanton and a guy at 700hp with i'm 90% sure just boost!...

People are getting into 11's with apr stage 3 + and slicks and low low 12's(12.1-2's) with streets! (traps 116-120) it's all driver then....there are stock turbo no nitrous people in high high 12's with slicks!...anyways there is also several above that shanton and a guy at 700hp with i'm 90% sure just boost!...

But i'm 100% sure about the 500whp 1.8t All boost no juice.

But he WAS asking what it would take for him to do it i gave him an option i have no clue how or what he can acoplish at the dragstrip thats the best option for 12's i could give him.

See here http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2120440

There is also a battle for a 500whp 1.8t with stock internals too.