McLaren SLR

Guest MissTypeS

Guest MissTypeS

Hi Everyone.

Just wanted to share that there is currently a $450,000 silver McLaren SLR in my office's garage. I saw it on the road and ended up following it in to work and I cannot express my amazement with this beast. It is by far the most impressive vehicle I've ever seen in person on the street (car shows don't count) and everyone keeps blowing off their work to go look at it.

What's the most impressive car you've seen on the road?

http://www.autoenciclopedia.com/images/news/silver112304.jpg

Guest FooFooMaru
Ummmmmm Most impressive....argh I don't know. Couple ferrari's not sure WHICH F-140 or f-150 or older. A lot of Lambo's...........heh, mostly because I live with a LAMBO freakin' dealer around. Other than that........Just casual Vipers, handful nice 700 series beamers, Mercedes, but nothing special.

Driving 140mph on the Autobahn and passed by a Ferrari F40 like we were standing still. Probably the only time I have seen a bad ass car hauling the mail. :eek:

Other than that, I've see just about everything on the road except the new Bugatti.... :cool:

my fav has to be caraere{SP} GT

carrera GT is what youre thinking of. i have a buddy who works at a porsche/audi/land rover dealership up in detroit michigan, and he is the detailing manager/supervisor/whatever. whenever they get a new load of cars in, it goes to him to be detailed before it goes on the sales floor. every time they get a new carrera GT, he gets to drive it (just down to the gas station, but still) and work on it for the day. amazing car. saw one in person at the dream cruise this summer at his dealership. ill have to say thats my favorite car ive seen in person

I was driving down Powell Road last year when I saw a McLaren F1 coming the other way. I literally almost went off the road staring at that car.

A few months ago I was following a Bently GT down Sawmill...driven by an old lady. Not too long after that I was passed by a Carrera GT...also on Sawmill. I've seen plenty of Ferrari's and Lambos in the Powell/Dublin area.

I went to high school with a girl whose father owns both a Panoz Roadster and a Koenisegg (sp?).

-Marc

Guest MissTypeS
Ooo...faboo.

You don't by chance work at Germain Mercedes do ya?

Haha no ma'am, that would be cheating :) I work at a typical corporate office in Dublin - big and shiny and feels exactly like Office Space. I guess this guy owns one of the businesses on the 3rd floor, but I've certainly never seen that car before.

Other than this, I've seen some Modenas, Maseratis and Aston Martins flying around Columbus lately. If you sit at the corner of Goodale and High by Liu Pon Xi and Hyde Park on a Saturday night you pretty much get to see the best Columbus has to offer. I'm sure more will come out once the weather gets a little better. Yay!!

Ok, here is an acurate blanket statement:

It is the most astonishing and amazing GT car you will ever see, because it is the most impressive GT car ever built. Dont call it a super car, because it isn't. It's faster then a couple super cars, but its got a truck you can fit stuff in, carpets, nice autio, etc etc.

Guest cgotti
Not really on the road, but I went to dinner with my parents at JCC and there were 2 z06's, 1 Ferarri 575M, 1 Porsche Carrera GT, 1 Bently Continental and a Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG all lined up in the parking lot.

Thanks to Woodward Cruise

Here's a small list.

Hennessey Venom 1000

AC Cobra 427 S/C

Carrera GT

Enzo

McLaren SLR

F50

F40

Ferrari 250 GTO

Bentley Continental GT

an original "Eleanor" Shelby GT500

Numbers-matching Shelby GT350

Shelby Daytona

Aston Martin DB5

Rolls Royce Corniche (Went to prom in it)

When I was in New York a few months ago, I saw THE Cizeta Morawder (dunno if it's spelled that way though). V16 supercar from the late 80s/early 90s, sort of looks like a cross between a Testarossa and a Diablo.

The coolest car was a Duesenberg SJ Dual Cowl Phaeton, the Murphy bodied one. Probably the better part of $5 million, driving through downtown Fort Wayne in rush hour traffic. Homina, indeed.