Question about helmets

Buck531

What's required at say..National Trails? Norwalk, etc. I know you need a helmet to run 13.99 or faster. I've seen some that are Snell, and DOT approved. Some that are only DOT approved.

Which one is needed? I can't find shit on NHRA's site.

Guest 78novaman

This is right off National Trail's web site.

http://www.nationaltrailraceway.com/apcm/templates/news.asp?articleid=10130&zoneid=23

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

In the never ending goal to increase safety in NHRA drag racing, the following rule change has been implemented:

Effective January 1, 2006, the Snell 90 Helmet will no longer be accepted. Drivers must use a helmet meeting Snell 95, K98, 2000, 2005 or SFI 31.1, 31.2, 31.1A, 31.2A, 31.1/2005, 41.1, 41.2, 41.1A, 41.2A or 41.1/2005. Jr. Dragster competitiors may also use an SFI 24.1 or 24.1/2005 also.

In the rulebooks (NHRA & Jr. Drag Racing League) under the helmet section, are expiration dates (see box) that NHRA has set for all Snell and SFI tagged helmets.

As a reminder, a helmet must have the correct Snell of SFI rating tag affixed to the inside of the helmet. No helmet will be accepted if the tag has been removed from the helmet, or a helmet with an external sticker only. No DOT rated helmets are acceptable at anytime.