Friday night's F-Body Orgy

Bird69

Guest powers
I’ve heard about people having reliability issues with the QTP in the DSM loops quite a bit. I guess the motors like to die. Last time I talked to Linn about it he had no issues with his after quite a bit of use. I’d imagine he never closes it though, what would the point be? :p That DMH looks like a nice piece. No telling for sure how durable the motor is from the way it looks.

linns quit on him a few months ago. it has since ben fixed.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

linns quit on him a few months ago. it has since ben fixed.

Yeah, I think it was last summer when I talked to him about it. I don’t think something like that lasting a few years is bad at all, you can’t expect it to last forever. The case’s I was speaking of were people having the motor fail after a few months, then again after a few more months. I guess they were replaced usually, but that’s still a little bit of a pain to have to replace so often.

Linn, did it get replaced under warranty or do you know how long the warranty is on the QTP's? How long did your's last?

I’ve heard about people having reliability issues with the QTP in the DSM loops quite a bit. I guess the motors like to die. Last time I talked to Linn about it he had no issues with his after quite a bit of use. I’d imagine he never closes it though, what would the point be? :p That DMH looks like a nice piece. No telling for sure how durable the motor is from the way it looks.

i use the cutout almost every time im in the car. this past fall i did burn up a motor and all the gears fell out of the cutout.

i was just out of the one year warranty when mine broke and it cost me $30 to have it rebuilt

I'll acknowledge the dyno sheets when they are posted, however I want to see the response on LS1Tech. That's what I want posted... :nod:

Why does it matter what the guys on LS1tech say? Were they standing there to witness the dyno? Of course not. It's very possible Linn's cats/muffler are pretty clogged up thanks to all the abuse his car sees. Don't forget he has probably run a couple hundred bottles of spray through that thing. ;)

Regardless, Linn's car was on the dyno, all tuned and dialed in. It wasn't making the power numbers that it should have been making. The cutout was then opened, and voila the numbers were right where they should be on a back to back run. Just a Linn stated, a 40rwhp gain just from opening the cutout.

So it just freed up a bunch of backpressure to get the numbers to where they should have been in the first place. There were probably about a half dozen IPS guys there to witness and the dyno session as well (since we did the work on the car) who can verify the numbers. I'm guessing Linn just doesn't want to post his dyno sheets for everybody to see. ;)

There were probably about a half dozen IPS guys there to witness and the dyno session as well (since we did the work on the car) who can verify the numbers. I'm guessing Linn just doesn't want to post his dyno sheets for everybody to see. ;)

I think Im just worth 40whp since right when I walked in they had just finished a pull and then the very next one (although being quite a bit louder too) did the trick :)

Jeff

Ive been playing dumb to numerous people all week so I was under the impression Linn didnt want them public just yet. All I will comment is that the HP # was high and the Torque # was REALLY high :)