BR's 900hp Evo.

chrismindless

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny buschur made the same power with the 2.0 as AMS did with the 2.3, as well as buschurs graph looks a lot nicer too.

Yes and no. BUTCHER, did indeed produce a better looking graph. However, horsepower level are not he same. If you look at the graph, it says Uncorrected. Had it been corrected it may of only been 860 or so. I do beleive AMS car made 932 uncorrected.

Butcher, is also running a bigger turbo(which is cool as shit).

Ty

Guest mudbutt
Yes and no. BUTCHER, did indeed produce a better looking graph. However, horsepower level are not he same. If you look at the graph, it says Uncorrected. Had it been corrected it may of only been 860 or so. I do beleive AMS car made 932 uncorrected.

Ty

Uncorrected is higher than corrected.

Ty

Yes, and this was all at what, 35psi? Which means that turbo isn't even close to being in its power band yet. So give it another 15 psi, and then see where you are at. The world is full of haters.

The AMS shop car with a GT42 runs a 2.0l. The AMS car that they made the 903 corrected is a customer car with a 2.3l and GT42R. The Buschur car is a 2.0l with a GT45R

Buschur's car is a 2.3

I was wrong, it is a 2.25.

If you don't believe me- http://www.buschurracing.com/racing-evors.htm

That link is information about how the car was ran last year. It now has a 2.0l in it. It is plastered all over EVOm.net and the other various sites. I talk to these people on an almost daily basis and know what's in the damn car. Please be quiet now.

Well we've stayed quiet long enough. The black car has been sitting here at the shop very slowly getting worked on. We had planned to hit the track with the car in November. Customer work took priority and we didn't get the car done.

As some of you will remember we ran 10.12 at 141 mph with our standard cast manifold and GT35R turbo kit on the car, this was with our stroker engine and at 32-33 psi of boost.

We took the stroker engine out of the car and installed a 2 liter. We knew we would need the RPM the 2 liter is capable of to run the turbo I chose.

Here is the basics of what is in the car:

BR Stage 3 shortblock. Just like you can call and buy from us.

BR Stage 3 head. Just like you can call and buy from us.

GT45R turbo.

BR custom header. (I built it)

Tial 44 mm wastegate.

3.5" custom side exit exhaust. (I built it)

BR Race FMIC

HKS 280 camshafts

1600cc injectors

-8 feed and return lines

Aeromotive pump

Aluminum fuel cell

3" upper and lower i/c pipes.

Kansai intake manifold.

AEM EMS

BR coil on plug ignition w/MSD box.

Q45 throttle body.

Exedy triple disc clutch

Pretty basic actually. We have high hopes for the car.

No nitrous right now but we'll put it on if we need it.

We started out slow with the car today and only ended up making 8 dyno pulls. 4 of which were just in 2nd gear to try to get the AFR's close, our last one was finished early by an i/c pipe that blew off so hard it went under the car and between the tires/rolls of the dyno. So we only made 3 pulls in 3rd gear.

The video below is the best pull today. The AFR's over 6500 rpm were 9.0:1, so off the chart rich as you can see by the black smoke. The last pull the power was way up until the pipe blew.

40 psi of boost and 9,000 rpm is where we had the car dialed in in the video. Peak power was 7,000 rpm as the AFR's got so rich the power dropped. I would expect with AFR's dialed in at this same boost level the car is going to put down 700 whp at 9,000 rpm.

Keep in mind how low our dyno reads when thinking of these numbers.

Also, look at the HP, 661 whp but the torque is only 444 ft lbs. That torque number is the same torque my RS just made on the EVO9 20G!

We are going to install our motor mounts in it next week and I'll have to re-design the lower i/c pipe so it stays on. Then back on the dyno. The goal was set low, I only wanted to see 700 whp on our dyno with the car at 40 psi. It's fairly apparent at this point that the car should exceed that.

http://www.buschurracing.com/video/EvoDrag.wmv

Enjoy.

David Buschur

http://www.buschurracing.com

Are we OK now?