want good gas milage??

88lx5oh

then use acetone..

ive been reading into this shit now for a while, and found out some interesting things. with no side affects.

using 3 oz. per 10 gal og gas is shown to give a 30% gain in milage in gas vehicles. and 2.3 oz. to 10 gal will give a 20% increase in diesel vehicles.

check this web page out for more info. i have yet to test things out, but this weekend i will be doing the first testing on my vehicle. i wanted to read up as muc has possible before testing.

for this test ill be using my explorer, since it has a MPG gauge on it.

i usually get around 16mpg out of a full tank of normal driving, city and highway together.

i should be able to achieve 20 mpg or upward

basically the 100% pure acetone in small dosage in gas will make it atomise more and burn every bit of the gas. instead of letting unburned gas ou tthrough the exhaust.

also it makes the gas burn cleaner, as well as helps prevent carbon build up.

also testing has been dont on fuel system parts, injectors, seals, rubber lines and such.. wiht a higher mixture than you should actually use, and had no affects. anyways... chekc out the website for more info.

http://pesn.com/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/

for this test ill be using my explorer, since it has a MPG gauge on it.

i usually get around 16mpg out of a full tank of normal driving, city and highway together.

i should be able to achieve 20 mpg or upward

That seems like pretty low gas mileage for that small of an SUV. Hell, that's around what my Avalanche gets when I'm not abusing the throttle, and it's big and very heavy (5500 lbs).

I don't buy this little additive making ANY difference in gas mileage. I'm extremely skeptical.

I ran two tanks of gas with Acetone in it and achieved 23-24 mpg. I went back to using 'regular' gas and noticed it dropped back to around 20mpg, which is what I was getting before I put in the acetone.

I'll be getting more acetone to see if it goes back up. 3 oz/10 gallons of gas. I bought mine from walmart in the 'beauty isle'. I think it was $1.00 or something like that.

Acetone is an intermediary solvent often used production processes to allow silicone to be "thinned" to promote easier application. Acetone also breaks down rubber. Given that your fuel system & engine seals/integrity are acheived using silicone and rubber, this sounds like a bad idea, not to mention what it does to paint if spilled on it. Come on now, it's the active ingredient in nail polish remover

i jsut bought a liter of 100% pure acetone, and will be fulling up the explorer with the gas and the correct % of acetone. will report findings of what gas milage i get when doing some running around today.

also Rotarded... test have been made proving in low and high dosages that todays fuel systems can withstand the affects of acetone.

Me and my brother ran Acetone for awhile in our cars. He saw a better increase in MPG than I did, so I stopped using it. He still uses it. Only fun part is trying to funnel it into your gas tank while being super careful not to get any on anything.

Also, the amound of acetone put into the fuel into today's modern fuel systems will do no damage at all. It would be like drinking a drop of bleach and 15 gallons of water. Would that harm you? Probably not.

I say give it a try. In a bigger vehicle like an SUV you will probably see a better increase.