Primerica Information

AngryBMW

Hey guys, does anyone on here work for currently or have in the past for Primerica? I have a friend that is looking into working for them, but I'm not so sure it's a great idea.

I checked out their webpage and it looks a little like a scam to me...you have to pay up front $200 for 'training' and 'certification', and then you are sent out to be a financial planner?

It seems like they promise you the world, yet they don't provide you with any sort of customer base or leads...I guess they just give you a piece of paper saying you work for them and are sent out to hassle your friends and family to let you invest their money? Does this sound about right?

Any information about the company would be great. Personal testimonies are appreciated.

Thanks,

-Marc

Anytime you have to pay for your own training... run the other way.

If he is serious about being a legitimate financial planner tell him to look into Ameriprise formerly American Express Financial Advisors. Financial Advisory is a lot of work though and you dont start to make decent money untill the 2nd or 3rd year.

Anytime you have to pay for your own training... run the other way.

If he is serious about being a legitimate financial planner tell him to look into Ameriprise formerly American Express Financial Advisors. Financial Advisory is a lot of work though and you dont start to make decent money untill the 2nd or 3rd year.

Even Ameriprise is a scam. Seriously. They just try to scam their customers instead of their employees.

Sorry Marc, I should've said something to you / I actually interviewed with them approx 5 years ago, it's a definate scam - you'll personally pay some serious dough yourself before you EVER start earning anything. Appears it takes a year or so of making nothing, spending your time then (maybe) you have enough of a client base to actually earn a living. Most folks that try it don't have enough $$$ or assets to hold them while they're in the initial phase & of course they leave with nothing --

yea i fell into their trap too but i had already given them my check saying i would work there told my friend about it that night and he told me it was a scam went to my bank the next day and cancelled my bank account so they couldn't cash it

Uhh.. go to a temp agency! I don't do admin, god dammit.

If Kristen worked for Marc...

Marc: "Hey babe, can you file this under 'my penis is hard for you'?"

Kristen: "Marc, you're not fooling anybody. We all know you're gay."

Marc: "Shit bitch, I'll do you hard and long."

Kristen: "Hahaha! Is that what you said to your boyfriend last night?"

Marc: "Fuck, everyone thinks I'm gay."

Kristen: "No dear, we all know you're gay."

If Kristen worked for Marc...

Marc: "Hey babe, can you file this under 'my penis is hard for you'?"

Kristen: "Marc, you're not fooling anybody. We all know you're gay."

Marc: "Shit bitch, I'll do you hard and long."

Kristen: "Hahaha! Is that what you said to your boyfriend last night?"

Marc: "Fuck, everyone thinks I'm gay."

Kristen: "No dear, we all know you're gay."

I'm not gay. You sucked my dick. :cool:

-Marc

Guest No_Speed4_You
I worked there for 2 weeks. They have you try to talk people into refinancing their current credit card debt into one loan through them. You get like 200 per family that does it and extra bonuses if they get other services (credit cards, etc..). You must find your own customers by door to dooring. No money in it.

i worked for citigroup for 3 years. i had a lot of business that overlapped with primerica, and a few of their agents came with me to do business. they sell decent products, but they dont give any support to their agents. its a job with potential, but its a super tough job.

I know a girl that is working with them and she is making a decent amount of money.

It's really not for everybody I would never PAY someone to train me to work for them.

But if your friend whats money that doesnt involve all the stress National City is hiring like crazy they start at 12 bucks a hour you just need 1 yr cust serv exp. I have alot of friends that work there..

I had a friend that worked there for like a month. I went to his "grand opening" or whatever, and yeah its a big scam place. But he was able to get permits for insurance sales or something to that nature, so he didnt think it was an entire loss.

I am honestly ashamed to say that I fell for it. I needed a job while in school and this seemed to pay well. I paid the 200$ and the training was so lame I quit because I realized they were just using me to get business from my family and friends.

Guest ReneeM
I almost fell for this 4 years ago. I was going to be starting my undergrad program and needed the extra cash. I am glad I never decided to GIVE AWAY the little bit of money I did have.

18% return on my investments... in the last 6 months. I dont feel very scammed. What makes you think it is a scam?

[Off topic]Wanna be a nice guy and share your secret portfolio mix that resulted in that much ROI? Mine is pretty conservative, and 6% isn't going to outpace inflation for very long.[/Off topic]

I went to one of their little presentations back in 1998, back when it was around $120. Even that amount set off some serious red flags for me. They make you a lot of promises, but it sounds too good to be true, so...