Honda Shadow Aero ?s

88lx5oh

i have been looking into them, and im wondering whats the good and bad on them. seems to be what im looking for. but is the 750cc motor enough to pul me and my wife around on some long cruises, will i run out of power? should i opt for a bigger bike. this will only be used to cruise on, on a nice saturday or sunday, and maybe commute to work and back a few times a week when its nice.

i really like th ewider tank of the aero compared to the shadow. and the price is right on them as well.

id be looking to get a 04 or 05.

im not buying a new one and loosing a a gran dor so after i ppull it out of the showroom.

Nice bike. I guess it depends on what you mean by 'pull you around' on long cruises. For 1 person, it would be fine, but I'm sure it will be pretty sluggish with 2 people. I'm sure it would get the job done. I would probably opt for a bigger twin, myself if you plan on doing a lot of 2-up riding.

Here is a review.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=916&Page=2

Here is a user review:

http://motorcycles.about.com/library/userreviews/ucrevbikes452.htm

I have a honda shadow 1100, granted it's an 89, I don't think that engine, or the bike for that matter has changed all that much. The shadow pulls pretty well up to 85, then you have to shift to 4th, and it'll still go, but not impressively fast. I'd deffinately opt for the 1100, espically since you'll be doing some 2 person riding. A v-twin engine is a very different beast from the inline 4's in sport bikes. Much lower redline, usually signifigantly less horse power, but they tend to make torque, and a lot faster than a sportbike.

The 750 will suffiice, but obviously the 1100 is a much more powerful beast. I have a friend with a 750 and he rides all over the place with his girl no problem. They are both small people though. It is nice because it is pretty small and nimble for a cruiser. (the chrome plastic is kinda cheesy though)