Good Mod: Ignition Advancers

Kosmo

I just put a Factory Pro ignition advancer rotor (+4 degrees) in my 08, ZZR600 (same as 98-02 ZX-6R). I got it from Dennis Kirk. Man it has such nice, beefy and smooth low and midrange now. If you commute in city traffic, you will love it. It also helps for a instant throttle in carbed bikes, I feel the bike is fuel injected now. The rotor is something around 45 to 60 bucks. Installation will be a snap. I highly recommend it, worth the money. You can put it with all stock or all mod (I mean pipe, filter, jet).

I have an adjustable one on my F4i. It is set at +6 degrees advance which is what I was told is the max you can go on stock engine and valvetrain and heads. RPM is the brand. It is adjustable from -10 to +10 degrees for fine tuning. I didnt really tell much difference in mine but Its another mod to talk about

I got the idea from some WERA/AMA racers. As said you can go upto +6 as long as you are using 90+ octane. The effect is more dramatic, I mean the instant throttle response in a carbed bike than fuel injected (my guess).

it is a fixed 6 degrees. the factory peice was replaced with an aftermarket one. I went this route because I have the older PCIII that isnt the kind where you can individually tune the ignition for rpm ranges. Im sure the mod helped the bike a little but not a big noticable differente from stock. the kike does pull extremely strong past 8,000 rpm however

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I just put a Factory Pro ignition advancer rotor (+4 degrees) in my 08, ZZR600 (same as 98-02 ZX-6R). I got it from Dennis Kirk. Man it has such nice, beefy and smooth low and midrange now. If you commute in city traffic, you will love it. It also helps for a instant throttle in carbed bikes, I feel the bike is fuel injected now. The rotor is something around 45 to 60 bucks. Installation will be a snap. I highly recommend it, worth the money. You can put it with all stock or all mod (I mean pipe, filter, jet).

Been running a Yoshimura RS-3 with race baffles, Factory Pro +4 degree ignition advancer, K&N air filter and 1 shim under each main jet needle on my 2006 ZZR600 for about 3 years now. Also running Mobil 1 4T 10W40 full synthetic oil. Big difference from conventional oil.