New hobbby start to move forward

justcause

So I have decided to throw my hat into the ring as a cuemaker...

Here are three of my works in progress. The first one is Birdseye Maple, with a wrap planed of antique white. The Second is Ebony, with a wrap planed of solid black. I think I am going to call this one "The Shadow." The final cue is Purpleheart with a solid maple handle no wrap planned. Might call this one "The Purple Cow". The first cue I made is know as the "Ugly Cue." I made the typical newbie mistakes and made my notes to ensure I did not make the same mistakes again.

The good news is I am already starting to get offers on the these cues from friends, which I take as a very good sign. I am hoping to keep this as a hobby and not as my job. My current job pays too well to quit right now.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-3/1158952/BEMaple.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-3/1158952/Ebony.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-3/1158952/Purpleheart.jpg

Wow, nice work! How do they make the cues so smooth?

You slowely take the wood down to a certain point then use sandpaper up to and including as high as 2000 to 3000 grit. Then you use wood sealer and a clear coat that you wet sand to get all the imperfections out. A lot of time and effert and a lot of wood dust inhailed so when you blow your nose it is diferent colors.... really weird.... and disgusting.

You slowely take the wood down to a certain point then use sandpaper up to and including as high as 2000 to 3000 grit. Then you use wood sealer and a clear coat that you wet sand to get all the imperfections out. A lot of time and effert and a lot of wood dust inhailed so when you blow your nose it is diferent colors.... really weird.... and disgusting.

Crazy. I bet it all is worth it at the end. Would you take a request?

Make one better than my cuetec and you might have a customer.

As soon as I have one of my latest completed I will let everyone know and they can come and try it and see if they like it... I'll show you what a real cue can do with the right person behind it..... :)

That's a good question, probably something related to snapple? Maybe I can get the logo on the wraps?

I can put one of the labels under a clear coat within the wrap area. So it will have no Linen wrap just a clear coat over the wrap area.