Has anyone on here been to Deals Gap?

Got-Boost?

Just curious if anyone on here has been on a motorcycle?

I am heading down with some guys for the BUSA BASH at the end of April. I have driven through in a car but never on a bike. We'll see how the heavy ass BUSA does.... :D

More info for those that aren't aware---> http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

I was boning up on it this morning and I am in the very beginning stages of planning a trip down there and the Cherohala highway. Looks just incredible.

Ironray, from what I understand, you want to hit The Dragon through the weekdays. The place is a mess on the weekends.

I'm thinking leaving on a Sunday would be best and coming back home on a Thursday.

Ironray, from what I understand, you want to hit The Dragon through the weekdays. The place is a mess on the weekends.

I'm thinking leaving on a Sunday would be best and coming back home on a Thursday.

Yea, that is what I heard also. I might be able to pull something together to go during the week..lol

Be very very carefull down there my friends... I went down in May of 2004 and that was the last I ever saw of my bike in one piece. I rode the Dragon about 5 or 6 times.. Fun!!! Then we went over to the Cherohala Skyway.. I lost it in a turn doing about 70.. I got into some loose gravel on the edge of the turn... bike caught on fire and burned to the ground.. I ended up being life flighted to University of Tenn. Hospital for almost a week... Broken pelvis and other "fun" injuries.

My buddy got a pic of my bike when it exploded....

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/slayers/2004/explosion.jpg

It was the best riding I've ever done (until that point)

Be very very carefull down there my friends... I went down in May of 2004 and that was the last I ever saw of my bike in one piece. I rode the Dragon about 5 or 6 times.. Fun!!! Then we went over to the Cherohala Skyway.. I lost it in a turn doing about 70.. I got into some loose gravel on the edge of the turn... bike caught on fire and burned to the ground.. I ended up being life flighted to University of Tenn. Hospital for almost a week... Broken pelvis and other "fun" injuries.

My buddy got a pic of my bike when it exploded....

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/slayers/2004/explosion.jpg

It was the best riding I've ever done (until that point)

Uhh, just remember that, and have fun anyone else that ventures down there. Glad you are still able to post. The dragon can and will bite you. Check out the pics on the website of trucks that decide to attempt the dragon to save time. Many a trucker has vowed "never again" 54 ft trailers and the dragon don't mix