636 Riders: Need input.

Guest TRUMAN

Guest TRUMAN
I am almost ready to pick up my new bike and I have decided on an '05 636. I was wondering what your opinions were about the bike and if there is anything you dislike about them? Any problems? Things to watch out for?

The only problem with the 05 that im aware of isnt even a problem for some people. The windshield is so low on them that if you tall like me (6ft4), then its almost immpossbile to see the speedo unless your in a tucked position. That can be fixed with a puig windscreen. Also they have a loud valve ticking, but thats common with most kawi's. Other than that thier great bikes, i love mine.

The 636 is great....The quickest 600 out right now. Even faster than the R6 and Tri 675. The speedo cluster is hard as hell to read in the sun and the shift light reminds you of an oil light when it comes on. It's small and red....Great feeling bike....GF has the '06...I ride it all the time.

I as well have an 05' 636 and I love it.. only thing I dislike on it that David Putty already stated is that the cluster is small as hell and so i usually just shift by the sound of the engine.. if you get it, TWObrothers exhaust is money for this bike.. I have one on mine and recommend it!

Guest TRUMAN
Yeah I just picked up the bike in Indianapolis yesterday. I love the dual exhaust you have, but the bike came with full Akropovic exhaust already. Thanks for your replies.