We gotta get our own lot . . .

Guest Yoder

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it but when I stopped by at about 11:30 I was thinking "There is no way they are going to allow this many people to just 'hang out'". I could not believe how many cars were there. It was my first trip out east. If that many people get together the police will break it up every time - that many people+fast cars+late night = trouble somewhere. The police know this and will do what they can to break it up. Your only chance is to do it in smaller groups or on private property.

As, clbsinvaders posted, we went out last night for the first time. It was pretty cool (if you ignored all the fucking ricers), and having the cops break it up was just fucking hilarious.

Edit: And yes, those FD's were fucking sweet, especially that red one.

Edit 2: Find that asshole who was in the truck doing burnouts, and shoot him in the fucking face.

It was a newer Silver Dodge Ram 1500 either a crew or extended cab that was doing the burnouts. The cops were across the street watching it all go down, blame them for not picking off that asshole and kicking everyone instead.

The CPD were just looking for an excuse, and they let it happen to manifest one.

I've been on contact with several CR members that have areas we can meet, with the ability to enforce who stays. All in good time, and a little more central for everyone.

that was a kewl hang out tho. there were an ass load of cars there. it was kewl to see all the diff cars (besides multicolor '87 civic hatch). strength in numbers guys. if that many people are hanging out, the police cant give 200 people tickets.

Guest gti33702
I was only there for like ten minutes and got kicked out because those assholes. Last time it was because those fuckers in the 2 white caprices. I think the idea of a lot that we can control who comes and goes is a good idea.

that was a kewl hang out tho. there were an ass load of cars there. it was kewl to see all the diff cars (besides multicolor '87 civic hatch). strength in numbers guys. if that many people are hanging out, the police cant give 200 people tickets.

sure they could .....theres only about 5 exits out of that lot....all it would takes is about 6 cop cars to block them and the only way out is with a ticket ;)

On another note, I go out of my way to rev and attempt to run over DSM owners. Right, Ben? :D

Lol! Now I know to stay the hell away from you when your driving the beater! I was rushing across the lot to figure out where everyone was going anyway, though I knew Kroger was not a good idea, we can never go back there again.

I'm all for another place to go that has limited access so it can be controlled. I'm tired of being asked to leave and I never do anything wrong. I'm going to start filing complaints on specific officers this year that I see witnessing the burnouts etc.. and not doing anything about it. Instead of making examples of them and writing tickets they kick us out on the street which only worsens the problems with street racing.

In the small town where I grew up (Coshocton), kids would always hang out in the Wal Mart lot and the local fuzz couldn't/wouldn't do much of anything about it b/c it's considered private property. As long as the property owner didnt file a complaint and nobody did anything reckless they were fine. Eventually I think the Wal Mart owner asked the PD to keep an eye on them and the kids moved on.

I dont know how it works here but I'd be interested to know. Anyone ever gotten a citation for 'loitering' or the like in this situation? If they stretch it they may consider it to be 'trespassing' since the store is obviously closed at the time...

As far as I know, any parking lot is considered to be private property and is up to the owners to decide if we are loitering. Thing is, most places have a 'No Loitering' policy and the police probably do not need an official notice to move us. My last town I was in, we started asking for permission to use certain parking lots. We obviously had the most luck with lots that were owned by various car associated stores. This gave us much more power and kept the law from being able to kick us. It also allowed those of us involved in the decision to filter the crowd a bit since it was more 'organized'. Granted, the turn outs weren't as big as the ones here, so filtering would be pretty hard. Sometimes, ya just gotta expect the ricers. :woowoo:

they tried to get a lot of people a few years back out west

They almost did. You talking about K-Mart when the dude was shooting 6 foot flames and the copters firesquad paddy wagon and tons of cruisers showed up?

I was in my Blue camaro black windows at the time. I was rolling out ever so quietly ..

Guest Removed
i have a buiding back off of fisher and phillipi rd. its on perimeter. we could use my lot if we wanted to, to hang then venture out from there.

They will see fisher road from a mile away, Alot of people Race on fisher.

That is not a good idea!

Guest DenseAir
I remeber when they use to hang at the appliance mart across the street from the schot. Then migrated to kroger, then to hooters, now at the schott. It's like the east side time line of idiots getting us in trouble and kicked out.

They will see fisher road from a mile away, Alot of people Race on fisher.

That is not a good idea!

Maybe, but it's his lot. Or at least that's what I'm getting. That would mean it's private party and he can ask someone to leave if they cannot be responsible. I'm sure there are plenty of us who would appreciate his sacrifice enuf to back him up if someone wants to be an ass and not leave. Course, as far as you guys know, I could be the biggest ricer here. :D I did have blue windshield washer hood lights once. :woowoo: