Thursday Nights in Dayton

jarvismb

You went to both last year....I plan on stopping by Shane's BBQ after the show. Thanks to Dustin, I now have to eat there everytime I am in C-Bus

My apologies for introducing you to Shanes :lol: It's the best darn BBQ there is.

Both shows may still be in my future, I'm pretty undecided at the moment. Heck I still don't even know for sure if I'll be going to the Chicago show.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pumped to see the new bikes, specifically the Honda Fury and the Duc 1198. The Japanese bikes dont really have anything that new and great this year. Hopefully there will be a lot of selection on gloves and jackets left still by Sunday. and whats cooler than walking around with that huge bag of free stuff that you lug around for the whole show that you end up throwing away when you get home?

My father in law just e-mailed me about the show in cleveland wondering if I'm going to it.

and?

Wrillo, I would suggest going. its good times and you can chek out venders and all the new bikes and sit on most of them. there are even some nice looking chicks in skimpy clothes at some booths. oh and ther is normally some entertainment at certain times during the day to. its a good dose of mototcycle medicine to cure the winter bug of not riding

Edited by xtremef4i

I'm pumped to see the new bikes, specifically the Honda Fury and the Duc 1198. The Japanese bikes dont really have anything that new and great this year. Hopefully there will be a lot of selection on gloves and jackets left still by Sunday. and whats cooler than walking around with that huge bag of free stuff that you lug around for the whole show that you end up throwing away when you get home?

I kept 2 flyers!

I won't be going to the shows, but I'll expect pictures and stories involving varying degrees of inappropriate behavior.

As an aside, I started both bikes last night when I got home from work, since it was a balmy 30 degrees for once. My God, I missed that sound. And both at the same time sounded very nice. They each have a very different tone, but together it was glorious. I got the impression they were both very happy to be running.

I won't be going to the shows, but I'll expect pictures and stories involving varying degrees of inappropriate behavior.

As an aside, I started both bikes last night when I got home from work, since it was a balmy 30 degrees for once. My God, I missed that sound. And both at the same time sounded very nice. They each have a very different tone, but together it was glorious. I got the impression they were both very happy to be running.

I too started my bike up. Since it was a bit warmer, I put the bike back together (clutch and stator covers got chromed). topped it off with oil and let her purr. It was about 9:30 when I starded it up. I am sure I pissed the neighbors off since I kept reving it up. Being in the amplifies the sound a lot louder. I didnt even touch the kawi tho. I think I heard it begging to be started, but its my red headed step child and I negliected to give it the attention it wanted.

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=18121

The big OR.net shin-ding is Saturday, I think Brad (xtremef4i) will most likely be going on Sunday. And Danielle (ninjachk08), I'm guessing, will be there Saturday.

Not tomorrow, but a week from tomorrow, right? At least thats what the thread you linked to says. If its next weekend, 30th, I might be able to go but I have plans this weekend

lol brad, you should've.. its carbed. i always tho it was a bitch to start.

why you going sun? you're missin the group?!

Maybe I'll start her up today. it started right up everytime in the fall anyway... I put fuel stabilizer in it so its most likely ok.

Im goin to the show sunday because I work at the Polaris shop on Saturdays to make some extra coin and I dont want to watch the Steelers win the Super Bowl either

I guess its safe to say that you wont be meeting up with us at Dustin's for Thursday night rides. Congrats of getting out of the ghetto.

The distance shouldn't be a valid excuse for her, I come all the way from Springboro :cool:

Besides, she needs to get that new 600, so there's officially nobody I can keep up with.

The distance shouldn't be a valid excuse for her, I come all the way from Springboro :cool:

Besides, she needs to get that new 600, so there's officially nobody I can keep up with.

I give you props there Jarvis.

You are a track junkie now, you won't be able to use the slow excuse for much longer. Sure the Suzuki is slower than the almighty Honda, but with all the track time you will get, you should be the fastest person of our dayton gang. In fact, I am waiting for you to give KC and Nick a run for their money