so im thinking of buyin a focus

88lx5oh

thanks for the info BAM

what model did you have of the ZX3

i know there are like s, se, and ses

or something like that

are there different motors for each one??

the only modding that would ever be done would be maybe a set of springs.. after riding in the SVT the zx3 was a little sloppy in the corners. nto that im goann be racing it or anything, but id like something that corners halfway decent. are parts such as springs able to be swapped form the svt to the zx3??

I had one SE, and the other two were just the base S. There were different motors, up until 04, but ford decided to run the same 2.0L Duratec in all them now except for the "sport" ST model, which has a 2.3L duratec. They've got about 155hp, 135ish tq I think.

Yes everything SVT is a direct swap, you can even buy the complete SVT suspension kit for $250 NEW, including struts, shocks and springs online, because its a very popular upgrade.

Good luck man, like I said, I drove mine hard and never had a problem, and my first one I sold to a friend, who still has it 2 years later, and its got around 115k on it and he drives it harder than I ever did, which I lecture him about tearing up my baby, lol.

Any other questions let me know.

I know 5 people that have them, drivetrain seems to be ok for the most part but everything body and electical just falls apart, locks, windows, pretty much everything exect for te actuall engine+tranny it's self, but then again they don't have too many miles on them yet.

There's a focus at Scott's Speed and Sound in Heath. It's turboed with a body kit and wheels. It's a automatic, but I'm sure Scott will give you a good deal on it.

Scott's Speed and Sound: (740) 366-1753

Guest Mushijobah

Get a freaking metro like I did! I have a z28 which CAN get decent milage, and a 93 metro I3 5 speed that gets 45 mpg in the city! It never has any problems keeping up with other cars in normal driving. But when you floor it, pretty much nothing happens! Anyone in their minivan can beat you. It has been nothing but good so far. The best part is, the parts for it are the cheapest around. Tires are 25 bucks, sets of rotors are 30, hell I found 6 used manual trannys at a junkyard for 29 bucks a piece! I have had mine since sept. and have put a little over 8k on it so for going on various roadtrips. They are a bit overpriced on ebay right now because everyone is wanting one. You can get like a 94 with 100k miles for about 2000.

PS teamswift.net is dedicated to modding these suckers. There are turbo kits for around 700 dollars if you are actually considering modding one. :rolleyes:

the scions arent bad. i have a friend in pittsburgh whos parents own a appliance repair center and they use those scions for delivery around town for the smaller things like ovens and microwaves. they get like 42mpg freeway in the xA...not sure what he said the xB gets, but it was up there.

There's a focus at Scott's Speed and Sound in Heath. It's turboed with a body kit and wheels. It's a automatic, but I'm sure Scott will give you a good deal on it.

Scott's Speed and Sound: (740) 366-1753

Yeah its on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-Ford-Focus-TURBO-As-Good-As-It-Gets-This-Is-The-One_W0QQitemZ4633794819QQcategoryZ31835QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem