looking for car alarm/remote starter

evan9381

mainly the alarm. remote starter would be nice to have, but i know a lot of people/places wont install them on a 5 speed. looking for something that will replace my stock keyless entry fob as well. if i can find a place to install a remote starter that would be good too.

should i go somewhere like CCA or bestbuy and just get one installed, or should i look for one on ebay and pay someone to install it?

any brands i should look into or that are better than others?

im looking to spend about 300$

Id be interested in everyones input as well, the alarm that came on the stang, only came with one keyfob. Its rather old and to get a spare keyfob runs about $80 on ebay. Id rather update the entire alarm system with something better.

Im looking for a reputable shop, where my car doesn't come up stolen a week later.

Thanks

CrimeGuard 745 gets my vote. But as for the remote start. you will have to buy CrimeGuards remote start kit. Crutchfield sales the alarm, but not the remote start for it. But anyways its a damn good alarm.

As for installing it. Mine was a pain in the ass. I done most of it myself, but couldnt get the doors right so I took it to Traffic Jams in Lancaster. They ended up tearing it out and redoing it all in order to get their warranty. I think it was like $100 to do it. I didnt know it at the time, but, after I had them install it I had heard a bunch of rumors that they like to pay you a home visit and steal your shit. Could be lies but who the fuck knows. Anyways, Im just trying to give you an idea of price to install the alarm.

I have the compustar alarm that goes up to like 1.5 miles away(not sure why i would need that) but its still in the box since i haven't found anyone who can install it, my friend has the exact same alarm and loves it pager works OK but not too well in some bigger buildings

I manage Unlimited Audio and Accessories and we sell compustar in which in my opinion there is none better. If you come in and let me know that you are from CR I will give you a discount. My name is Pete. We are located at Cleveland and 161 and our # is 776-1380.

I manage Unlimited Audio and Accessories and we sell compustar in which in my opinion there is none better. If you come in and let me know that you are from CR I will give you a discount. My name is Pete. We are located at Cleveland and 161 and our # is 776-1380.

I might have to do that pretty soon. I will let you know.