Ran the Lumina at Norwalk

Buck531

what all is done to it, and how much will it cost to make my lumina that fast?

L67 out of a 98 Regal GS

3.2 s/c pulley ($50)

headers ($200, used)

cutout ($50)

Split ratio rockers (1.8/1.85) ($125, used)

PCM tune ($100ish)

slicks ($140 - used)

Intake ($50 or so - home made)

That's about it.

I got the motor for around $800. I kept my existing trans and added an HD diff later.

so, you still think you dont have a chance from a roll against me?

I dunno man.

I closed the cutout, put the street tires back on and ran a 13.7 @ 101 with a 2.2 60'. That and I added weight (seats and such).

My turd of a car weighed 3690 with me in it, 1/2 a tank of gas, seats in it. Spare tire removed. :eek:

pulled the seats and it put it down to 3640 or so. :(

Plus, I really can't put the smaller pulley on when I'm on the street. I had to add race gas to get rid of the knock. I have to put the larger one on when I'm tooling around the street.

I dunno man.

I closed the cutout, put the street tires back on and ran a 13.7 @ 101 with a 2.2 60'. That and I added weight (seats and such).

My turd of a car weighed 3690 with me in it, 1/2 a tank of gas, seats in it. Spare tire removed. :eek:

pulled the seats and it put it down to 3640 or so. :(

Plus, I really can't put the smaller pulley on when I'm on the street. I had to add race gas to get rid of the knock. I have to put the larger one on when I'm tooling around the street.

In that case, I want a piece of the Lumina in street trim. 3800 n/a vs. 3800 supercharged :)

Guest 78novaman

Nice ride!

You must have used a shoe horn & some elbow grease to get that engine to fit in there. I'd like to see in person it sometime.

Nice ride!

You must have used a shoe horn & some elbow grease to get that engine to fit in there. I'd like to see in person it sometime.

Uhh, It came stock with a 3.8. The only real differnce (looks wise) is the blower on top. I could have kept the bottom end in and did a top end swap but I didn't feel like it. I just swapped the entire motor. Everything pluged in with my factory harness. Just had to run like 2-3 wires to the PCM and to other places and that was it.

Everything fits like it should be there from the factory :).