Down for the count

RS69

Well, I have been down for the count since this past Monday. I was driving my wife's Volvo 850 home from work on Polaris Parkway around 5:30 and while I was stopped with the rest of traffic at Worthington road, a nice 23 year in a CRV didnt see that traffic was stopped and rear end me around 45 miles per hour.

My wife car was hit in the trunk area so hard that the Volvo was pushed into the car in front of me and that car hit the car in front of it. Needless to say, I was kinda of hot. I have been in pain for the last few days. My back and neck has been hurting and I had visited a doctor and we believe no serious problems. I should hopefully be back to normal in the next few weeks.

My wifes Volvo 850 is damaged pretty bad, sorry no pictures yet, I have been busy dealing with the insurance company(the person that hit me) and they seem to be working with me on this. We bought the Volvo in 97 brand new and I have been very meticulous with this and all of my cars. Progressive is the insurance company I have been dealing with and they are going to fix the car. At first they were going to total it out, but I insisted that was not a feasible option. Our Volvo only has 98,xxx miles and you cant find any other 850 for sale without having 300,xxx miles on the clock. I can fix the car but since this is our family car and I dont have 3-6 months to repair this, I am farming this out to Vic's Autobody. I spoke to Byer's Volvo and they referred me to Vic's Autobody. I believe Vic's is the only ceritifed Volvo Body stuff in central Ohio and one of the few in Ohio period. I checked out Vic's shop and spoke to Vic and he seems to run a good shop. My repair estimates are in the $6000 range. I have two other body shops I would use but I choose Vic because most of their work is on Volvos. Does any one have any good/bad experiences with them? I am dropping the car off to them on Monday.

Sorry to hear that you got hit. I was rear-ended in September of 2004 and I'm still having problems with my back and neck. The woman that hit me was only doing 35mph and it didn't even scratch her car. Goodluck, man.

-Mike

I know that I have never met you in person but Im glad you are okay (thats the most important part). I hope everything with the insurance company goes well. Good luck and we're glad you are okay!

Sorry to hear. Get well soon!

My wife (girlfriend at the time) were rearended in 2000 by a drunk driver. Her Passat I was driving only had 2k miles on the odo. 3 months and $9500 in repairs later we had the car back.

Now...it's got 63k miles on it in 2006 and thankfully there have not been any major problems. Good luck with the repairs to the 850!

good to hear you are going to be ok. but to your question, yes vics does very good work, and they get it done in a reasonable amount of time. i used to work at byer's volvo, and have had to deal with vics quite a bit. it is a good choice that you made. good luck

Sorry to hear.

As a Volvo fanatic that sucks bad. Good low mile 850s are very hard to come by.

Vics will take very good care of you!! When I worked for Volvo I helped get Vic to become the only Volvo certified body shop in cbus.

When I got hit in my integra Vic kept the insurance company from totaling it (no rebuilt, salvaged title either). Total repair was $7200!!

Say hi to erica and Vic for me the next time you talk to them!

Joshua

SlowMotion Motorsports