mods to car

norrix420

is there anything that i can do to my car to make it look any beter without anyone thinking that it looks "gay"? i posted about underbody LED's and i got a lot of mixed results about those. i guess im still not very sure after reading that entire section of posts on what is exactly cool or not to do.

is there anything that i can do to my car to make it look any beter without anyone thinking that it looks "gay"? i posted about underbody LED's and i got a lot of mixed results about those. i guess im still not very sure after reading that entire section of posts on what is exactly cool or not to do.

Your question makes no sence.

Mod your car to YOUR approval no one else's. There will alway's be hater's no matter what you do. Do whatever you want to do as long as YOU think it looks good. You can't please everyone.

What's currently done to the car?

Everyone is going to have a different opinion on what you should do to the car. Personally I really like the stock body on the celica and think they look really good lowered with some 18's or 19's on them.

in my opinion, stuff that does not have a purpose is the stuff people will usually flame you for. neons/leds. no purpose but looks. IMO = gay. wing on a FWD car, gay. huge exhaust tip (welded onto stock exhaust) = gay. 8 sets of fog lights = not needed. clear tails...??. body kit...please dont claim you need to be more aerodynamic in a 150hp car.

wings (not a stock spoiler) are usually reserved for something where it makes sense. a RWD drift/road racing car can benefit from them, which isnt so bad. when i see a honda with alteezas, a wing, and stock 14"s w/ hub caps rollin down the road...yeah....rice...if you have a can style muffler that is loud, i pray you have at least a cat back and not just going for sound...a full exhaust would be better. bigger wheels i dont really see as 'rice', as they usually do make a car look much better, but if you go too big and too heavy it will greatly decrease the acceleration of your car, which is what makes me think rice.

i try to keep my car as purposeful as possible. yes, i do have a can muffler, but on the same token i have headers and a full exhaust. you will never find a wing or a body kit unless by some miracle of god chance someone finds out an easy way to get 500hp and RWD conversion into my elantra (hahahahah. i wish). i stayed w/ light weight wheels (15", 12lbs), lowered it 2" all around with struts and springs (not cut my stock springs), bigger sway bar, and upgraded the brakes. although i dont consider my car "fast" by any token, it is one of the quickest n/a elantras on the forums im on. im happy with my car and i tend to get a lot of compliments for what ive done. if you keep it simple and purposeful, you will find a lot more people will like your car.

if you dont give a shit what people think of your car, disregard this whole post. haha

What's currently done to the car?

Everyone is going to have a different opinion on what you should do to the car. Personally I really like the stock body on the celica and think they look really good lowered with some 18's or 19's on them.

plus 1

You certainly can't listen to the masses on here. There is like one of everything here, and 30 of the same on some cars. Do what YOU think is cool, needed, or effective for what you want to do with the car. If you are going to race, you don't want dead weight. If you want to have a cool look and race, you may have to compramise on your mods. Chances are you will work this car up to where you want it and realize you have out grown or lost interest in the car. You will have a new project to construct and go through the whole process again. Just do what you like on this car and try to make informed decisions to save you time and money.

A lot of the people that are on the board mod their car to make it faster, either in a straight line or around corners. Some people think that looks come first, and judging by your post, I would bet that you fall into that category. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think that everyone on the board can agree that done properly, appearance mods are well justified.

There is a stigma associated with the types of people who buy things like underbody LED's, but if you can do TASTEFUL mods to your car you can steer clear of that image. I would suggest lowering the car, a nice set of wheels (not gaudy or over the top), and tint to get started. Do you have any current pictures of the car?

go sell it and buy a puke green f-body, put fried bologna wheels on it and paint a bunch of the suspension components bright yellow. green wire loom under the hood helps, but isnt required. spray the piss out of it and keep it running about 30% of the time that you own it.

then, and only then, will you be cool.

oh, and for a backup car, buy something atrocious. like an aztek or (gasp) an avalanche, and then when people hate on you, tell them its all a "form follows function" kinda thing.

or, even better, do what makes you happy, and fuck anyone else.

Do what you like or think looks good. If you think about it, people spend thousands of dollars because of how a car looks *cough mustangs and vettes*. Sure, they handle well and are fast but you can do that to your car too with the same money.

i just want to say thanks for all of the different opinions about my car. my question about the appearance mods are only because my car is a 4 cylinder and automatic so it will never be fast enough to race. i was also not wanting to mod the engine at all in the hopes of keeping this car for quite awhile. as of right now all i have done to it is install a straight pipe from the cat back exhaust and replaced the stock air filter with a K&N air filter. these two things helped i believe speed my car up alittle bit and improved gas mileage. im not sure how to add a picture to my post so i am unable to include one with this post. i think i am just going to take the advice of many on here and do whatever i think looks good, ofcourse not try to over do it, but whatever i like and i think i will be able to live with. as someone said, i will never be able to please everyone so i guess i'll just try to make it look as good as possible to my standards. i know its no vette or firebird, which i would love to have, but i will make this car my own by putting on any mods that i like. so thankyou for all of the opinions again.

go sell it and buy a puke green f-body, put fried bologna wheels on it and paint a bunch of the suspension components bright yellow. green wire loom under the hood helps, but isnt required. spray the piss out of it and keep it running about 30% of the time that you own it.

then, and only then, will you be cool.

oh, and for a backup car, buy something atrocious. like an aztek or (gasp) an avalanche, and then when people hate on you, tell them its all a "form follows function" kinda thing.

or, even better, do what makes you happy, and fuck anyone else.

Damn DJ, that sounds very familiar. Wonder who it could be. hmmmmm. :woowoo: