Pinks - Bug vs. CRX

zeitgeist57

Basically the 2 cars met twice to race. First time the Bug came built for around a 9 second car. They were estimating around 400hp on a fiberglass body, pratically no roll cage, turboed and NO2, and on racing slicks. The CRX was maybe a 12 second car, around 320hp. CRX owner came out asking for 20 lengths from the beginning. Then half a track. They ended up calling the race and said it wasn't worth it. The guy with the CRX said, if you still want to race, give me a few weeks and I can build this CRX up to compete with the Bug.

I think they said 6 weeks later, they were ready to race again. They put an 8 second roll cage in the Bug. With the Bug off the NO2 and with out wheelie bars, they were very closely matched cars. Last race the driver of the Bug couldn't keep controll of the Bug and ended up going across the track into the other lane behind the CRX and hitting the wall. The car mainly hit on the passenger side and the driver was ok.

I think it is funny, that it was the 3rd civic on the show to ask for 20 car lengths..... :D

Well, they were suppossed to bring a 12 sec car but expected to bring a 11 sec car. But, the vw team brought a 9 sec car. But when the crx came back they ended up giving 3 legnths in one of the races. Just my .02.