Auto Exotica are crooks!!!

Guest pf2neon

Guest pf2neon

I sent a friend of mine to AE to get her car aligned after we lowered it. This was last June. The charged 150 labor and 70 for 4 camber bolts. That alone was ridiculous. But in January I took the car to do a engine swap.When I pulled the wheels I found that the camber bolts had never been installed so that means that a correct alignment had not been done.

I went there asap to find out. No one there has a clue and will not call me back,even the owner would not call me back. Several trips and 20 hours of my time they fianl offer to do the work that was paid for but that is it.Now tis car has 800 worth of tires on it and she drove it from June to dec with no alignment.

I think it's time for a beat down.

I'm telling the story to warn everyone not to do business with them.

Anyone have any stories about them?

By the way it's a 96 neon.

A friend of mines Talon Tsi went to that shop to get a few things done to finish his motar swap. Keep in mind it was at most a week to two weeks of work needing to be done on the car. He took it there on Januray I believe and it STILL isn't done. I wouldn't even take my HUFFY there to get worked on cause they would either mess it up or take six mounths to put a new chain on.

I'm confused on why you would pay for something and then not check to make sure it was done?!?!

I'm not bashing just hoping that your friend learned a little lesson about checking after people especially people you pay with your own hard earned $$$.

Guest pf2neon
I'm confused on why you would pay for something and then not check to make sure it was done?!?!

I'm not bashing just hoping that your friend learned a little lesson about checking after people especially people you pay with your own hard earned $$$.

Well the car is lowered and she never thought to look for camber bolts,you have to pull the wheels. You should not have to look,but I understand your point that is why no one touches my cars and now her's either.

I always ask for the old parts back to see if they did the work. My wife had a buick in the 90's the thermstat went out, it was very cold out so we took it to the buick dealer on Hamilton rd. They called and said the fan motor was bad, 200 to fix. I told them that is fine but I want the old one back. I picked upt the car the next day and took the old fan motor and put 12v to it. The motor purred like a kitten. I go back to the dealer tell them that I want my money back for the fan. They argue with me about it being bad. I tell them to get the mechanic, and put 12v to it. They get a battery and what do you know...it works. Then the mechanic shorts it out and smokes the motor. I got my money back :nutkick:

Guest Removed

passen= AE... same people own it.. they just change the name to avoid tax reasons!!!

i used to work next door, everything they sell is over priced , and normally JUNK!(stereo wise, and alarm stuff!!)

I mean they even install alarms in the parking lot.. WTF

passen= AE... same people own it.. they just change the name to avoid tax reasons!!!

S. Passen sold the business over a year ago and went to work for the SCCA. The new owner came from a Stereo background and from what I've seen has a much different vision for the shop and who it's core customers should be.

Andy

S. Passen sold the business over a year ago and went to work for the SCCA. The new owner came from a Stereo background and from what I've seen has a much different vision for the shop and who it's core customers should be

Ya his vision is attempting to run the shop into the ground which from what I have heard from some people he is doing a good job at it.

While I was on a delivery I brought my Corolla there to look into the cost of doing the valve springs, new cam, and weber carb setup, they were very nice although a bit busy at the time. The one thing that kinda raised an eyebrow was them saying it would be 4 hours to do a cam on it and 8 to do the valve springs.

I mean, seriously... I've done the head gasket replacement on my last Corolla SR5, and I know it sure as fuck does not take 4 hours to do that. 8 hours on the valve springs, and granted, I haven't done those before, but I know it isn't 12+ hours worth of work in there, especially considering the labor to remove the air cleaner (comes right off with two bolts), valve cover (Ditto), and the rocker arm assembly (4 bolts) is common to both jobs right there, you would figure they would combine the amount of actual labor done there just because you must do it before you do either job, and putting it all back together just to rip it off right away is kinda stupid.

Does 12+ hours come from having it take that long because the same person is fucking with a few other cars at the same time and keeps walking away? Or maybe breaks to go to Taco Bell to buy munchies for what they were smoking when those numbers popped up?

The owners name is Lee. I've been into the one on Bethel a few times. When I've talked to him it has always been on electronics. He seems to have that area covered well. When the coversation came to " we can work on the performance parts for the RX 7", I couldn't get past all the bad things I had heard, and that no one in there looked like they new more than the basics about a motor( let alone a rotary). The prices are quite high from what I saw for what I was looking for. They quoted $650 + the cost of the electronics I wanted. I got it done, with electronic for $174.