WOW cable/internet is a fucking joke

evan9381

2.5 weeks ago i moved into my new apartment. cable was hooked up the next day. its WOW cable/internet, only thing available in my complex

since day 1 i have had issues. the guide has worked maybe 4-5 times in the 2.5 weeks ive been here. right now, i can see whats on about 6 channels. internet crashes 4-6x a day at least. i got home from work at 9:30 tonight and its crashed 2x already. i called in to WOW, they said they can send a tech out which would not be until monday. when i asked about getting a credit because this shit service has not worked right from day one, i was told that they can't give me one because i didnt call in and tell them. hello fucktards...ive had the service 2 weeks.

i thought my time warner service at my dads having the internet crash once a week was bad...im suprised the internet hasn't crashed while making this post

"WOW" is right...im amazed at how shitty this service is.

i completly agree. thats the same service we have at our house. we switched to them because they were having some deal where it was 50 a month for internet and cable. it startd out ok but they started developing homes around our area and they provide service to them. as these homes are going up our connection goes froma transfer rate of 110 kbps to about 10. after a day we decided it wasnt the modem or the router cause we called them. and they said yea the cable is split between all these developments and it hurts the connection so they havent yet compensated for all the houses they service. so now we are stuck paying for the over 200kbps internet package and only getting 80kbps. just so we can be fortunate enough to load a new page in less then 5 min. WOW BLOWS.

Must be a weird area thing.

I have had nothing but great experiences with wow.

The once or twice that I have had a problem ( cable degraded in yard) they credited me almost a whole months worth at a time!

I make full use of my 6mb/1mb service and LOVE IT!

Roadrunner...don't get me started. Although the modem lasted for as long as we've had it, it crapped out and i had to get a damned surfboard. Now it's been unreliable as hell, goes down 2/4X a day, i call them every other day and they send us coupons for free drinks at theaters as a sorry for letting us down. The thing takes a dillion resets for it to log on the net. Just when I need/want to use the computer in the very little time I have, it dies and I spend it fixing it. Then I go to work. end rant.

Cliffs: New Modem=BAD. Customer Service=Stupid, worthless. But all can be well after many resets.

I've never had any problems with my insight or roadrunner through insight. Once they did a 15 minute box update and didn't inform anyone, but that is the only problem I have ever had. My buddy had WOW at his house in Dublin for 2 months then switched back to Time Warner

2.5 weeks ago i moved into my new apartment. cable was hooked up the next day. its WOW cable/internet, only thing available in my complex

since day 1 i have had issues. the guide has worked maybe 4-5 times in the 2.5 weeks ive been here. right now, i can see whats on about 6 channels. internet crashes 4-6x a day at least. i got home from work at 9:30 tonight and its crashed 2x already. i called in to WOW, they said they can send a tech out which would not be until monday. when i asked about getting a credit because this shit service has not worked right from day one, i was told that they can't give me one because i didnt call in and tell them. hello fucktards...ive had the service 2 weeks.

i thought my time warner service at my dads having the internet crash once a week was bad...im suprised the internet hasn't crashed while making this post

"WOW" is right...im amazed at how shitty this service is.

Ugh. Let me guess, you have an analog box. Turn it off for 10 minutes, or leave it on channel 4. That's how the guide programs each day. That's why you should shut it off at night. There, fixed that problem. :rolleyes: I'll even tell you how to program the remote for 1-button power if I know what remote you have (if it has a green list button, tell me if it says above the # button "Enter" or "HD/Zoom").

As for your internet, as in the other thread, I'm betting it is your equipment. I can tell you pretty easily: go to your browser, and type in 192.168.100.1

Tell me what the Receive Power Level and Transmit Power Lever are (both are in dBmV). That alone will tell me if there is a signal level issue or not. You can't imagine how many times I go out and find the customer's equipment is the problem. It happens a LOT. Yet we all get blamed until we go out their and prove it is their crap.

Or just switch to DSL if it's available in your area. I've had SBC/Yahoo since I moved here last February, and have not had a single problem with them. Currently pulling about 2mbit down, 384k up. At least at the time I signed up, they gave you the modem+router and a whole crapload of filters.

Or just switch to DSL if it's available in your area. I've had SBC/Yahoo since I moved here last February, and have not had a single problem with them. Currently pulling about 2mbit down, 384k up. At least at the time I signed up, they gave you the modem+router and a whole crapload of filters.

and its only $15 a month

its not my equipment that is the issue. i had a disconnect MAYBE 1x a week w/ roadrunner at my dads house, and even then, it was at like 3-4am. the guy who installed the cable/internet said "as long as the 2 middle lights are on and blinking youll be ok. if they stop, unplug the modem and give it a couple minutes and plug it back in". this wouldnt be so bad if it weren't 4-6x a day. ive got the modem up where i can see the lights on it, and each time the internet goes out those lights arent blinking. thats WOW equipment, not mine

ill try leaving the cable on 4 but even then thats ridiculous it has to be on a certain channel to update. i never had any of these problems with time warner/road runner.

its not my equipment that is the issue. i had a disconnect MAYBE 1x a week w/ roadrunner at my dads house, and even then, it was at like 3-4am. the guy who installed the cable/internet said "as long as the 2 middle lights are on and blinking youll be ok. if they stop, unplug the modem and give it a couple minutes and plug it back in". this wouldnt be so bad if it weren't 4-6x a day. ive got the modem up where i can see the lights on it, and each time the internet goes out those lights arent blinking. thats WOW equipment, not mine

ill try leaving the cable on 4 but even then thats ridiculous it has to be on a certain channel to update. i never had any of these problems with time warner/road runner.

Way to not answer any of the question I asked. :rolleyes:

Which lights. Is it a Hitron, White Webstar, Black Webstar w/ 4 lights, or Black Webstar w/ 5 lights? You obviously don't know anything about it by what you are saying (as the data, or send/receive light depending on the modem will blink randomly for various reason I'm not getting into, and the PC light will blink at all times the computer or router is on), so I am asking the simple questions, then can troubleshoot right from here; not hard at all.

I already told you I'd give the exact instructions on 1-button power if you would tell me what freaking remote you have. Then there is no channel 4 BS. I honestly can't make this any easier for you. IMO it sounds like you just want to bitch about something.

Evan, I'm willing to bet it's your equipment... my internet hits the same substation as yours and mine is fine... it's NEVER gone down on me... my cable guide always works, etc.... the key is, (like Joe said) turn off your cable box every night... as far as internet... no clue why it would go down... either your neighbors are fucking with you or something happened to your equipement... and just for the record... you can still have a link light on your WAN connection for your router and that doesn't mean it is working right.