The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

Rally Pat

Ok, so I figured I would get this out of the way and be as unbiased as possible....

I saw it yesterday, for free mind you. Brenden (77nova) works at AMC Easton and got us tickets.

Corolla fanatics, yes its in the movie, get ready to sell your cars for bagillions of dollars. Oh and by the way its refered to as a HACHIROKU (verse).

The story was so-so, I probobly liked it because I am hardcore into japanese culture. Brenden said he didnt like it.

The action scenes were good, and I dug all of the cars that had been converted to RWD like the Evo in it. Brenden agreed.

What I didnt like: That poor Mustang at the end that they put an RB26 in, however they justify why they did it in the story. Brenden said it was a straight up sacreligious, which I would of too if they hadnt given any reason for having used it. I also didnt like what happened at the very end. If you see the movie, you will know what I am saying. I also didnt like the main character's accent, it got on your nerves quick.

I guess what I am trying to say is, much to my own suprise, that this may be the first of the Fast and the Furious movies that was done right. They go into very technical stuff about drifting, even explaining clutch kicks, power over, and ebrake control.

Oh and I was also very happy to see that the Drift King himself, Keiichi Tsuchiya, is in the movie as a fisherman who critiques the main character's driving.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and by the way its refered to as a HACHIROKU (verse).

No it wasn't. No time in the movie did they ever say that. Sung Kang's character did say once in the movie "When are you going to let me get a piece of that eighty-six Corolla?" That was the only mention of the car in the entire movie. There were two of them in the background of the different parking garage scene's.

It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I do like Lucas Black, but not really in this movie, he was good in Friday Night Lights.

Oh and I got my first experience of posers coming out of the movie. I overheard people behind me talking on the phone saying "Oh the Mustang in the movie was sweet, it had an SR20 in it." I let it go on long enough then I looked back at the kid and said, "That wasn't an SR20 in the car, it was an RB26DET single turbo." I found it pretty funny.

I let it go on long enough then I looked back at the kid and said, "That wasn't an SR20 in the car, it was an RB26DET single turbo." I found it pretty funny.

That would have been my reaction. The SR20 and the RB26 dont look anything alike. I personally would have given them the backhand.

And you're right, they didnt say it in the movie, but on the posters they were giving out they had a whole big list of words on the back composed of cars and drift terms. Sure enough on the list was "Hachiroku", and a brief description of what it was.

^^+1

...or one could see it in the discount theater in a few weeks...

I took the wife to see "Cars", with the promise we wouldn't see 3F3F. :) I saw the other two in the theaters and 2F2F was really disappointing. The theater here in FL charges $9 a ticket...I'm waiting to see it on TV or DVD.

No it wasn't. No time in the movie did they ever say that. Sung Kang's character did say once in the movie "When are you going to let me get a piece of that eighty-six Corolla?" That was the only mention of the car in the entire movie. There were two of them in the background of the different parking garage scene's.

It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I do like Lucas Black, but not really in this movie, he was good in Friday Night Lights.

Oh and I got my first experience of posers coming out of the movie. I overheard people behind me talking on the phone saying "Oh the Mustang in the movie was sweet, it had an SR20 in it." I let it go on long enough then I looked back at the kid and said, "That wasn't an SR20 in the car, it was an RB26DET single turbo." I found it pretty funny.

http://www.columbusht.com/math.JPG

1) I want my money back

2) That movie sucked

3) A fucking fart cannon on a fastback mustang??? I mean, its one thing to put a that engine in that car, its another thing to glorify it. Heads are gonna roll...

3.5) Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING????

4) Lucas Black was a really good supporting actor in Jarhead; did he think this was gonna be his "big break" or something?

Anyone who paid money to see this movie should form a line to be kicked in the jimmy!

Seriously!!

All this movie means for us is that now instead of just worrying about the ricers driving like idiots on the highway, now your going to have to watch for them sliding around the city streets and smashing into you.

:(