sometimes, the people on this board rock...

Orion

quick thread just to say thanks and give love to jesse (troublemaker), mike (rotarded), joe (mojoe), jenn (ponypimpstress) and eric (nther91). for whatever reason, the battery in my new car decided itd had enough of this world and spent the evening getting jumped by various people in various locations throughout columbus. if it hadnt been for these folks having some jumper cables and being willing to help out, i may have spent the evening being towed home or jumped by triple a. thanks a bunch folks, much love.

quick thread just to say thanks and give love to jesse (troublemaker), mike (rotarded), joe (mojoe), jenn (ponypimpstress) and eric (nther91). for whatever reason, the battery in my new car decided itd had enough of this world and spent the evening getting jumped by various people in various locations throughout columbus. if it hadnt been for these folks having some jumper cables and being willing to help out, i may have spent the evening being towed home or jumped by triple a. thanks a bunch folks, much love.

Welcome to GM ownership.

Is it one of those AC Delco POS batteries? That's what I've got in the vette and the thing is junk. I've heard numerous complaints on them. If I hit my brakes, my headlights dim. Put both windows up or down at the same time...and the headlights dim. You can see the voltage drop significantly on the Driver Info Center in the gauge cluster whenever I do this.

I have yet to see any of you GM-bashing idiots who've posted in this thread own a non-GM car faster or more reliable than the modded ones we drive.

I do believe the two that did post cannot seem to keep anything more than a POS or project scrap-heap for more than maybe a year before moving on to something else because they gave up?

Heh, yeah :)

In the late 80s and in the early 90s GM had problems with there Delco batteries. :eek:

They would not take a full charge :rolleyes: so the alternator would run full field trying to charge the battery

That would never get to 12.8v - 13.2v to stop charging

Burn the alternator out in about 5 weeks :doh:

Guest Removed
yeah, im pretty sure its just a dead battery. freaking stupid. i have an appointment with dennis pontiac tomorrow. watch this space for all of the free things theyre going to give me because of this.

:nono:

I knew some asshat would try to bring that one up.

Let's see here:

4+ years boosted on stock block and bottom end

Runs 10s

Still daily drivable w/ all the anemities

Wins at car shows

What do you have that's comparible? The gasket blown is my fault for using a STOCK set of gaskets on a car that will now easily pull 600rwhp and is boosted above 10psi.

So tell me again where the reliability isn't? Also remind me what you have that can compare. Thanks!

Anthony,

You act like your car NEVER breaks. Being a modded car, it will and it does. This is one example. Another example would be the tranny needing rebuilt twice.

After getting the right head gaskets on that thing, I'd like to see you drive it to work every day this summer, rain or shine. If you want to claim it can be daily driven, then do it. If my project is able to go at highway speed and I can find someplace to keep the truck, then I'll drive it every day to work. We'll see whose project breaks first.

10,300 and some change. I choose to. Tell me how many other 1998 vehicles you know that are in as good as condition as mine and sport 44k miles.

I don't do inclement weather, and it has Collector tags for a reason. Own a respectible vehicle someday and maybe you'll feel the same emotional attachment.

Some of you need to really get a life. The amount of fast, powerful, RELIABLE GMs that only break when they're subjected to mad amounts of mods and horsepower are everywhere. Even then, most of them are still very drivable and although not 100%, will still kick the shit outta anything the whiners can bring to them.

But, this isn't about my car. It's about a nice car that Jerrad picked up, that obviously others like to bash because it's something too nice for them. So they're forced to rely on "reliability" issues by taking a swat at his $50 battery :lol:

10,300 and some change. I choose to. Tell me how many other 1998 vehicles you know that are in as good as condition as mine and sport 44k miles.

Cars are made to be driven, not trailer queened.

Edit - that works out to 2,500 miles a year. I do that in a little over a month, every month. How can you argue reliability when you don't even drive the thing?

But, this isn't about my car. It's about a nice car that Jerrad picked up, that obviously others like to bash because it's something too nice for them. So they're forced to rely on "reliability" issues by taking a swat at his $50 battery

you work hard, you take advantage of your opportunities, you treat people with respect, and life will be good for you.

mike, anthony, seriously. you guys are killing me. its a battery. on a used car. not exactly what i would hang the entire "are gm's reliable" argument on, one way or the other.

you work hard, you take advantage of your opportunities, you treat people with respect, and life will be good for you.

mike, anthony, seriously. you guys are killing me. its a battery. on a used car. not exactly what i would hang the entire "are gm's reliable" argument on, one way or the other.

It started out Stillman and I making some friendly jokes, until Anthony took it personal.

BTW, I would love to get a ride sometime in your new car. It is, afterall, a Holden which makes badass cars.