Mid-season autox video (No 56k)

Dr. Apex

Yeah, and you got a full screen shot too(sort of)!! It's hard to get in everyone I'm sure, lots of people and footage to fit in a small space. I was glad to see my car, they keep putting me in the same heat as Mike so I have almost no pics this year.

Guest AndrewSS
Question about the length of the course....

Is the White WRX video towards the end a complete track run start to finish or was some edited out? If that was a complete run it sure seems short. What's a decent time for a lap?

The white sti run was an entire run unedited. That course was low 30's to mid 30's for many cars. The courses change everytime, for OVR they tend to be 30-40 some seconds for a "lap" I havnt been with the club for long but some are decently long, it just sucks that now cooper is shared with the bikers a lot so it takes away a lot of track space.

For national/divisional events the times tend to be around 1min or even a bit more. They do huge stadium lots, air fields, etc.

Yep, Cooper stadium is big enough to have 1 min lap times but not anymore with having to share with the bike school. A well designed course at Cooper or OSU will be in the 40sec/lap area.

Pending if more lots the size of Cooper can be found we can have longer lap times again, but most regions have lots much smaller than this so we are lucky compared to some other places.

This last event my best time was 35.0, I believe FTD was around a 32 and some cars around 40 sec lap times. The times vary every time like Andrew said because the course is always different.

You should Def. come out and try it, its a lot of fun. If you see me come up and introduce yourself and I'll help you out if you need it.