Listen to this

Mowgli1647545497

I heard it, sounds like a garbage truck stopping then little kids hitting a pole and laughing.. def. hurt my ears tho

Im 17 btw

Joe, this is is that one thing I was talking about when I brought it up in math class that day.

I'm not sure if I heard it or not. I definitely heard the kids laughing, etc., but no high-pitch anything, or at least I don't think I did. There's a substantial amount of noise going on here at my work at the moment, so maybe that ran some interference. Then again, from the sound of it (pun intended, HAR HAR HAR!), the sound you're supposed to hear is unmistakeable, so me not knowing if I've heard it means, no, I didn't hear it.

I'm 31.

I am 16 and I turned my volume all the way up on my laptop and didnt her a thing besides city streets and someone laughing. My its my laptop or my loud music. Ill try my other computer later.

+1 laptop sucks..... heard it on my desktop. My mother didnt hear it either.

im 20 and my mom has been 29 for as long as i can remember ;)

People, the background sounds (street sounds, people, etc) are NOT the sound, they're just ambient background noise from the recording.

If you could hear this you'd know it - it is a high frequency oscillating sinewave sound. The younger you are, or rather the less high pitched hearing you've lost from natural age or damage, the louder it is.

I can somewhat faintly hear it if I crank it up, but if I turn it up to a level where its noticable by me, for younger people who can hear it would be deafening.

After doing some thinking, I wondered if different speakers have anything to do with it. What if the frequency is out of your computer speaker's operating range? In theory, they wouldn't make any noise, right?

I was thinking about something along the same lines myself. I could hear the pulsing, though. A bit annoying but I feel like I'd zoom in on that sound if someone's phone started doing that in a room. The same way I could always tell who left their monitor on in computer class before we left. Oh, and I'm 32.

Edit:

After listening again, I'm sure that the longer it plays the more it seems to start a puling in my head. My vision almost seems to start pulsing. I think I would go crazy after so long of listening to that.

As Peter Griffin once said, "I knew I was gonna be the one who has to kill these kids."