decision made STI purchased

ghost1647545489

• 4 months later...
DO not turn up boost with a boost controller I'm warning you now.........

The acessport will raise the boost for you.

So what is the deal with the boost control? I dont know anything about those cars.

It will lean out the fuel mixture and STIs are kinda lean from the factory, in summer heat 04s pinged from the factory. With a boost controller, you are asking for a ring land to expire whne it gets hot out.

thanks for the info... learn something everday!

I would not think that Subaru would build them without some safety margin in the tune.

Congrats! I love my 06 also. I put the K&N air filter intake system on and also some exhaust. That's probably all my car will get because all of the $$ goes into hubby's Civic.

I'm no STI fan, but it would make FFFFFAARRRR more sense to dump money into an STI than a Civic!

I'm no STI fan, but it would make FFFFFAARRRR more sense to dump money into an STI than a Civic!

i can't beleive i'm going to agree with you joe because of the shit you like to talk about subarus but i do agree. but hondas are alot cheaper to build the subarus especially sti's because of their avcs and not having many cam choices, and their stupid drive by wire throttle body's causing the lack of standalone's available. and nobody makes cheap parts for subarus its either top name brands or nothing.

andy

The Civic is already built and gets the most attention because it's my hubby's car. I drive the sti daily and it doesn't need to be any quicker for me. Maybe someday if he ever gets his car completely done, which will probably be never :( , the sti will get some more upgrades.