Driving record points

Sam1647545489

i don't know if this still works, but you used to be able to call the dmv, and they would give you current point standings. Also as a juvenile you could call franklin county clerk of courts for the same info. i called my insurance agent for insurance points. wow i have had too many tickets.

tom

Yep only two years.

You have to accumulate 12 points in a two year period to lose your licence for 1 year. I did when I was 20-21. :o So when your licence is suspended when you turn 21 and you get it back when you are almost 22, and since your drivers licence expires on your 21st birthday and you don't renew it after 6 months. Which someone could not do because his licence was suspended. You have to take the written and driving test all over again. :lol::cool: Not that this really happened to me..... :bs:

, BENJAMIN DFNDT CLOSED 1999 TR D

, BENJAMIN DFNDT CLOSED 1994 TR D

, BENJAMIN DFNDT CLOSED 1995 TR D

, BENJAMIN DFNDT CLOSED 1995 TR D

, BENJAMIN DFNDT CLOSED 1999 TR D these two are a day apart LOL

, BENJAMIN DFNDT CLOSED 2000 TR D

, BENJAMIN DFNDT CLOSED 2002 TR D

, BENJAMIN DFNDT CLOSED 2004 TR D

, BENJAMIN DFNDT CLOSED 2005 TR D

I have paid for a few orange barrels I guess, I call it voluntary taxation, these are just in franklin county. What good is having money if you can't spend it?

I have 6 pts and 4 drop off after Dec 13 this year.

well that sucks...i thought my last one had dropped...i got the ticked early june 03...turns out that because i tried to fight it, and asked for like 30 days to pay the ticket once i lost, and forgot to pay it (paid it like the day i got the letter about my warrant) they didnt close it until 08/03/03...maybe i should wait a few days to get my new insurance policy when my current one w/ nationwide expires at the end of july

Yeah, that's the shitty thing, I got a ticket in like December of 03 i think? Anyways since I was a minor my license got suspended for 90 days, so the ticket doesn't fall off until March, when the case was closed, fuckers!

If you want to see your tickets in franklin County, go here:

http://www.fcmcclerk.com/Pa/pa.urd/pamw6500*display

Then enter your last name or a friends last name.....

Thanks for the link I have a warrant out for two tickets that were dismissed back in 2002!!!! :eek: anybody know who I can call to get those warrants released?

how fast were you going? You only get points if your going over 65.

thats not true any speeding ticket that is considered a minor violation is a chargeable offense. when i get to work today i can get you the break down if you like.

So if Im going 64mph in a 25mph zone I wont get points :p

Thats a good point. maybe its 10 mph over. I just heard the judge say the other day "keep it under 65 and you won't get points". I bet he was talking about in a 55 zone. I am dumb don't listen to me!

Eric

I came across my points warning letter today while cleaning up, so I thought I'd share the relevant text. They mailed this to me last April about two weeks after my last speeding ticket.

The Bureau of Motor Vehicles is required by law to notify every driver who has accumulated in excess of five points under Section 4510.037(A) of the Ohio Revised Code. If your present point accumulation does not exceed eleven points, and you have not been granted credit for completion of a remedial driver course within three (3) years, you may undergo the driver instruction course to obtain a two-point credit on your driving record. Any Ohio Highway Patrol Examination Station can provide a current listing of commercial driving schools offering the approved remedial driving course.

An accumulation in excess of eleven points within any two year period will result in the suspension of your driving privileges for up to six months in addition to the re-examination and financial responsibility requirements.

maybe i should wait a few days to get my new insurance policy when my current one w/ nationwide expires at the end of july

Careful if you go that route... Carriers tend to charge an extra premium for any lapse in coverage (I carried one day of "double" coverage when switching from Nationwide to Geico to prevent this), and if you get one of those beautiful letters from the state saying your license came up in their random "prove you've got insurance" sweep, you're fscked.