Cool boat video

Total Sign

Background info- Fountain power boats now holds the record for the fastest V bottom boat.

A catamaran style boat is a lot faster.

At 2:50 seconds into it, the other white boat is a 1.2 million dollar MTI, with twin 1550 hp whipple quad rotor big blocks in it. Will be in the Miami Vice movie. Threw a blower belt in this video, I have seen it push a little over 170 on radar.

Reggie Fountain (ower of Fountain powerboats) claimed to only have twin 1500 hp engines to everyone, but last time I talked to him, he told me the old engines were well above 1800hp, and the new ones made the 1800's look weak. Couldn't talk him into exact numbers.

mms://media.offshoreonly.com/OSOTV/2006JaxPokerRun.wmv

The boaters here will find this pretty impressive.

Edit- you will have to copy and paste.

It's probably running Speedmaster 6 dry sumps. I think they go for $25,000 each, not including the tranny.

Where can you find a Number 6 for 25k? Are they hot? My dealer cost is over 35k for just the drive! Plus the transmission, transom assembly, and prop. That boat probably has a Herring props, which retail for close to 5k a piece!

It takes a rare breed to afford that crazy stuff. I would like to know what I am doing wrong in business. In the 90's a chiropractor in Florida ran offshore races, and did well. He was making more $ than me. :doh:

Where can you find a Number 6 for 25k? Are they hot? My dealer cost is over 35k for just the drive! Plus the transmission, transom assembly, and prop. That boat probably has a Herring props, which retail for close to 5k a piece!

That's why I added "think" to my sentence. I haven't been pricing out a set of #6's for my boat lately. :)