autocross on the 9th i think

abelv

What is up guys, this is my first post so I expect a free T-shirt or atleast a "welcome" to the boards :p My name is Ed by the way.

I am headed over to spectate too (with belv, the person that started this post :) ). Hopefully, I will be participating by the end of this season or the start of the next. I do not know if a front wheel drive Saab 9-3 turbo is the best SCCA Autocross car though. Haha!

Which of you guys are racing tomorrow? I would like to have a few cars or drivers to watch for.

Sup guys, this is my first post so I expect a free tshirt or atleast a welcome to the boards :p I'm ed btw.

Im headed over to spectate too (with belv, the douche that started this post :) ). Hopefully I'll be racing by the end of this season or the start of next. idk if a fwd saab 9-3 turbo is the best autox car tho haha

which of u guys are racing tomorrow? id like to have a few cars//drivers to watch for.

No t-shirt, but I'd like to give you a kick in the nuts for the headache that your post gave me. Try and type like an adult, please! This is not AIM.

Oh, by the way, the Classroom section is for introductions and welcomes for newbs. Try introducing yourself there first.

Welcome anyway! I will be out there racing tomorrow, you can't miss my blue Laser. Don't worry about not having the best car for autocross, it's 90% driver out there. Look at me, I drive a non-turbo dsm built for handling, which is not exactly what dsm's are known for. It's fun no matter what car you drive.

Come up and say hi, my passenger seat is always open(when it's installed anyway).

Damn good time today!! Fast ass course that was big but very technical with some tough turns. I could only manage a 4th place with 2 national level cars in my class out there today, but I had a good time and the car was great.

Good driving Jacob! You were patient and smooth which is good for a 1st timer.

Edit: Oh and the Fast and the Furious and Initial D jokes were hilarious.

I along with a lot of other people were becoming quite tired of the commentary during the 4th heat, it was funny for about 5 mins, thats it. Whoever it was doing needed to cut about 75% of the chatter out and just call out times and the occasional joke would be fine.

Matt, the last turn was only feet in front of the finishing line and timer box, there were a couple close calls. It happens several times a year, so dont let it discourage you. The course was a fast one that you would of liked, we just gotta get you out of the drag mentality and you'll do fine, you have a very powerful car and you really have to feather the throttle in a car like that in the turns, it's not easy.