Need help quick

LJ

My gf has a sweet 1996 Pontiac Bonneville with a 3800 Series II engine in it. It won't start. The battery isn't dead. It doesn't sound like it is trying to turn over. There is just a clicking electrical sound coming from under the dash. The guages (RPM and MPH) also bounce up and down between 10 mph and 500 rpm respectively when you are trying to start it. Any ideas? I don't know much about this engine. This is her only car, and her parent's live in Colorado, so any help quickly would be greatly appreciated.

Battery is at about 10v. Enough for the lights and accessores, not enough to turn the starter. Also check the terminal connections, a loose one will do it also.

Moving.

It's not the battery, we tried to jump it. Connections are solid

Starter sounds like it is locked up. It is more common on imports for it to click but all starters will do it. My guess is The electrical buzz you are hearing is the starter being pissed off cuz it cant turn. If you cant fit a rubber hammer in there to smack it, use anything hard that will fit. Just dont beat it too hard...that sounds so wrong.... While you are "beating it" have someone try to turn it over. Beat and turn at the same time! :-) This might work...

Might be unrelated, but my MSD control module was having issues like that a few months ago. Sometimes a no start with a buzz noise that started low and increased in volume with the tach needle pegging to the high side. I replaced the module and haven't had a problem since. Have her turn on the key and you track where the noise is coming from.