crashed...

kawi kid

not on the bike thank god.

was working out on my parents farm today trying to seperate a bull from a field filled with cows and was scooting around on one of the 4wheelers we have. i was doing the herding alone trying to make things go faster and it wasnt working out so well.

all the cows run past me and i turned to see what way they were going and the grass was pretty tall and i didnt see a 3 foot wide 4 feet deep ditch directly in my forward path and hit it square head on. the impact sent me flying jamming the handle bars into my abs and left thigh, then over front to land infront of the now tumbling honda onto my head and my right shoulder. i think both my wrists and right index finger took alot of the shock on impact into the ditch before i was shot off like a rag doll. i think my finger is broken not really sure and i dont wanna go to the hospital to find out either. and i have like permenant monkey buble on my right arm from god only knows what.

to my unknowing my dad watched the whole thing and later told me after chewing my ass for ten min about being an idiot that he thought i was dead.

the bike was totally fine i couldnt believe how it rolled end over end and nothing was wrong with it at all. the steering might be tweeked a little but for as hard as i hit that ditch, and how it rolled, i am surprised thats all that came of it.

all in all a succesful day at work for me.:) i tried to grab the front brake of the bike when i got home and it hurts like a mother.:( so im hoping its gonna be better for my motorcycle saftey class im taking friday and sat if not its gonna really not be as fun as i have been expecting it to be.:mad::mad::mad:

:wheelchair:

Man...sorry to hear about the tumble. I know you don't want a finger checked out, but I can tell you what I thought was an innocently jammed pinky 10 years ago in a pickup football game enxded up being a broken carpal bone that still bothers me today. It hampers my already shitty guitar playing.

Advil up for your track day, and hope you heal up quick!

thanks guys popsicle stick idea was actually considered haha :lol:

and its not a track day im not that lucky. its just the saftey class to get my license. everyone that has taken it said it was well worth it im actally pretty stoked about it still......

lol I crashed a friends banshee 2 weekends ago.....was up in a wheelie and hit a bump, it slammed the subframe into the ground and bent the frame, threw me off and somehow scraped and bruised me up pretty good. Now I gotta buy him a new frame :(

Man...sorry to hear about the tumble. I know you don't want a finger checked out, but I can tell you what I thought was an innocently jammed pinky 10 years ago in a pickup football game enxded up being a broken carpal bone that still bothers me today. It hampers my already shitty guitar playing.

Advil up for your track day, and hope you heal up quick!

I call BS! It was either a flag football game with a bunch of 6 yr. olds or you were spankin' da pud. :nono:

Get your finger xrayed, if its broke, and you dont get it lined back up, your finger will be screwed the rest of your life, I had to have screws in my hand once, now my hand works perfect. If you suspect its broke, go get xrays man!

I call BS! It was either a flag football game with a bunch of 6 yr. olds or you were spankin' da pud. :nono:

You call what you want, knobgobbler. I have more sports coordination in that still misaligned pinky than you have in your entire sequin wearing, limp wristed, girbil accumulating azz! And while I have coached 6 year olds in flag football, and whacked my pud, it was never at the same time, unlike your pedophillic self. :ky:

So let me get this right..

you crashed while cock blocking?

:)

Not to make light of your accident..glad you're OK. but damn..stop the cock blockin' !!! LOL

lol.gif Exactly what I was thinkin'!!

Glad you're OK Bry

thanks for the get wells.

i waited till today to see if the swelling went down in my finger and it has settled on the third joint. so while i was at work and bored i took about three deep breaths and gave it a tug and it popped louder than any knuckle i have ever heard crack. :lol: i dont think its broke but i still can barely move it. i think i stoved it really bad prob on my shitty landing.

thanks again guys

So let me get this right..

you crashed while cock blocking?

:)

Not to make light of your accident..glad you're OK. but damn..stop the cock blockin' !!! LOL

Dude you were cock blokin' cattle?

thanks for the get wells.

i waited till today to see if the swelling went down in my finger and it has settled on the third joint. so while i was at work and bored i took about three deep breaths and gave it a tug and it popped louder than any knuckle i have ever heard crack. :lol: i dont think its broke but i still can barely move it. i think i stoved it really bad prob on my shitty landing.

thanks again guys

Could possibly be due to swelling, is why you can't move it. I'm not going to play doctor on this forum..but if you feel up and down the finger you *may* have a good idea whether it's broken or not. Still, if I had any doubt, I would make your insurance work and get it xray'ed. If you don't have insurance...then yeah..it's a tough call at that point.

heal up man.

How long will you wonder.

I goofed and smacked a knuckle at work, and it swelled up (twice normal size). Bad enough I got X-rays just in case. Not broken, but months later it's still not right. It's a bit bent, won't lie flat, and I have to splint it at nights to get it straightened again as it heals.

Symptoms of a broken finger

Swelling or pain of the fracture site.

Tenderness, numbness, or tingling at the fracture site.

Bruising or bleeding at the fracture site.

Inability to move or fold the injured finger in completely.

Deformity of the injured finger.

Mal-aligned fingers

Changes to the shape of the hand

Noises in joints or bones, or bones protruding.

Diagnosis

Does any finger overlap its neighbor?

Does the injured finger angle in the wrong direction?

Does the injured finger look too short?

Only an X-ray can tell if it's broken or not. They took 5 of my hand, and told me to splint it. I had already done that. Splint from Walgreens and a little Ace bandage. Go get an X-ray, most urgent care facilities have X-rays on-site. Call first and ask.

Note: Not to be confused with missing finger symptoms...:D

When I broke my hand, I could move my fingers. I wasn't in SERIOUS pain (Although I have a high tolerance for pain) and wasn't going to go to the hospital. The only reason I went was because I saw that huge knot on my hand. Turned out to be a compound fracture. You should diffidently get it checked.

I'm glad you are ok. It could have been a lot worse. Sounds like you scared the shit out of your dad... I would have had a heart attack my son did something like that in front of me.

I wrecked on a 3 wheeler and I know how it feels to have something heavy like that come down on you.

Get x-ray and get better.