AFLCIO Union and illegal mexicans

desperado

http://www.vdare.com/pb/afl-cio.htm

http://www.nwlaborpress.org/2006/4-21-06Immigrant.html

http://www.numbersusa.com/interests/unions.html

Heard an interesting story about undocumented aliens demanding $10 to $15 an hour for work done. And union AFLCIO is courting the illegal aliens to unionize them, both to keep them from scabbing and to raise their labor rate so that there isn't the cost difference in union workers and the undocumented aliens. It is interesting that our own labor unions are now trying to unionize these illegal workers and calling for their amnesty. This might acutally be a good thing, but it sure is happening faster thatn I expected it to. My comments always were 5 to 10 years, and it seems that it's already starting.

This is a good thing. We want this.

Yep we agree 100%. If the mexicans unionize, and demand prevailing wage for the work they are doing, and not 4 bucks an hour, they sort of kill the reason that people hire them to begin with. THe AFLCIO and other unions openly admit to this, and to the fact taht a unionized worker will not scab a labor walkout. The unions are doing it to protect themselves, both in creating more dues paying members and to protect union labor from being undercut by cheap illegal immigrant labor.

union dues, i hate them. i get 20-25 taken out of my check and i make 6.50 an hour, it really sucks.

Wow what do you do to make only $6.50 an hour in columbus and work somewhere that would have union workers. Thats really not good. I'd quit so fast and do nearly anything else.

Evan

Guest ProudPops

Steel Workers Union in the mid 70's, memeber of the IUEC, International Union of Elevator Constructors, Local 37, Columbus since 79. PW, they set that to our standards! Let's keep up the good work, support your local unions. Work Union, buy Union! This is not a right to work state, let's keep it that way!

Pops

http://www.vdare.com/pb/afl-cio.htm

http://www.nwlaborpress.org/2006/4-21-06Immigrant.html

http://www.numbersusa.com/interests/unions.html

Heard an interesting story about undocumented aliens demanding $10 to $15 an hour for work done. And union AFLCIO is courting the illegal aliens to unionize them, both to keep them from scabbing and to raise their labor rate so that there isn't the cost difference in union workers and the undocumented aliens. It is interesting that our own labor unions are now trying to unionize these illegal workers and calling for their amnesty. This might acutally be a good thing, but it sure is happening faster thatn I expected it to. My comments always were 5 to 10 years, and it seems that it's already starting.

Guest ProudPops

You funny, funny guy. Must work in one story building, cause that all you have. Pretty sure your neck tie is too tight because if you had the opportunity to handle a Union man's money, Oh wait you're in Florida, do you speak english?

I know, I'm the FNG, but TestMyR6 is my son and just moved back from there so here I am, just having fun

You funny, funny guy. Must work in one story building, cause that all you have. Pretty sure your neck tie is too tight because if you had the opportunity to handle a Union man's money, Oh wait you're in Florida, do you speak english?

I know, I'm the FNG, but TestMyR6 is my son and just moved back from there so here I am, just having fun

are you out of your FNG mind???

you'll fit right in:D

Steel Workers Union in the mid 70's, memeber of the IUEC, International Union of Elevator Constructors, Local 37, Columbus since 79. PW, they set that to our standards! Let's keep up the good work, support your local unions. Work Union, buy Union! This is not a right to work state, let's keep it that way!

Pops

Please understand that I, even though I am 100% conservative and Rebuplican, do support some unions, those being TRADE unions, like the iron workers, boilermakers (damn sure don't want scabs doing that work), pipefitters, and the like. They offer top notch training and recognition for knowledge level in their ranks and are HIGHLY skilled in their trade. But labor unions are another thing, The UAW, UTW (textile workers) and those non 'building trade' unions are nothing more than tax collectors that fight companies to pay what has become unreasonable wages for work that is not skilled labor and should be paying $12.50 an hour, like press operators, and assemblers. We all work on our cars, and I don't know anyone on this board that isn't capable of putting a tire on a car, but the guy doing it all day and one of the big 3 auto makers is getting paid 32.50 an hour, with his benifits package. How is that reasonable. As far as your comment of buy American, and buy Union, the UAW and the other labor unions have run the price of labor so out of site that manufactures are taking their assembly plants to other countries to get away from the US unions. Buy American, simple enough, that would be Honda, Mazda, Toyota, and about any other Jap car. Buy union????? All the American cars are built in other countries so they don't have to fight with the unions any more.

ERRRRRR, and another thing about labor unions. They have in my opinion created this surge in unemployment, reason being that as the assembly plants have left, these press operators and other unskilled laborers have been put on the street, what did the union do for them. They fought to get them unreasonable wages, that no one else will pay that worker for the skill set he has, so he sits on unemployment after his severance package runs out. The union let him operate that press (at 32.50 an hour) all his life. So he has the skill of doing what, unskilled repetitious work. These include digging ditches (shovel goes in the dirt the same every time) and asking 'do you want fry's with that' at the drive through window. But our boy gets lucky, seems that a local fab shop bought that press and has it setup in their building, and they are looking for an operator. Our hero hears about it and goes right over, seems that they are doing the same parts even, the auto manufacture is contracting the fab shop to make a part our hero is familiar with and made before. THe fab shop owner is elated, and makes our hero a more than reasonable offer of 19.50 an hour to run his press with a good benifit package. This is where the union will fuck him the last time, with the union mentality. Our hero, with his mentality of "I ran this press, right here for the UAW for 32.50 an hour, and I WILL BE DAMNED if am going to run it for your 20 an hour, thank you and NO." This ladies and gentlemen is what a labor union will do for you.

Now as far as the IUEC, and the SKILLED trade unions. I am all for them, and anyone that's not consider this, do you want your family to get on an elevator that a highly trained skilled and knowledgable individual build, installed and maintains, or one put in by Paco and the burrito rollers.

Pat, I bet you work at Kroger dontcha? I got a Job there when I was 14 cuz they were the only place that would hire a 14 year old. I got outta there as soon as I could tho. The pay sucks and being in the union sucks too. They dont do a damn thing for you at that age except take your money... the little you are making. Arby's hired me in at $8 an hour and it was actually kinda fun wroking there. The food is badass too man.

Show me one American union-ized industry thats doing better than it was 40 years ago.

*waits for someone to say the Actors Guild*

riaa?

yeah, way to go des. an intelligent, well presented post. that i also happen to agree with. crazy.