who can do a stock for stock engine swap

evan9381

not sure if ill need it yet, but things are looking like i may...long story short, a cam gear install went bad, i think i jumped time by a couple teeth and may have bent some valves...if so, im sure there will be piston damage. going to try to get it timed right tonight, if everything is ok, ill be good. if not, im just going to replace the whole engine...i can get one for cheap, and it will be less of a headache on me.

its a 2003 hyundai elantra, 4cyl engine...looking at the bay and hearing from a couple other people, it shouldnt be difficult. it looks like the engine/tranny will lift right out without having to be heavily manuvered. i can help if needed, so im thinking a day and this should be in and out

who should i contact? trying to keep it on the cheap, but not so cheap that its going to sacrifice something wrong happening

update....got the timing belt back on and everything set to TDC...not as hard as i thought it would be, but probably the biggest thing ive tackled pretty much solo on this car. got everything put back together, started it up, ran for about 2 seconds (rough) and died...didnt hear any valves ticking/knocking...im thinking i just need to get it timed right at this point. big relief.