thoughts of 04 GTO

thorne

Well I've been on the PROWL for a car for a little while now. My wife really wants my monte , I would love to give it to her as long as i get someting faster/comfortable/pimpy . I talked to a dealer last night and tehy have a Yellow GTO with 16K on the ODO in the way in. They already got me approved for financing. I really wanted a Trans AM but I can't get one Financed so what do you guys think or impression of the 04 GTO.

Its a Ls1 so thats a plus

claims 350hp

I like the body stylings (then again i love Grand Prix's so ehh)

As an '04 owner, I have nothing but praise for them. You'll find people LOVE to say, "those are heavy pigs", "oh, it's not an LS2, that sucks", etc.

I've found people making these remarks have never even sat in a GTO.

I don't like yellow, but if we all liked the same color of the same car, the car scene would be boring.

By the way, there is a silver 04 at Indian Mond Pontiac, and I am leaning towards selling mine. I only get it out about twice a month. :(

http://www.nurkvinny.com/2004_GTO.htm

I've driven DJ's '05 and riden in Loren's '04 and have to say I'm impressed with the GTO. I had my impressions of what the car would be like and I have been proven wrong. It really is one of the better cars for the money on the used car market right now....and with that powerplant mod potential is HUGE.

Andy

they are asking 22, But they are willing to work with some numbers. I don't wanna pay more then like 450 a month honestly. But yeah after driving DJ's I know i like the car i was not sure if they had changed much.

Thorne, the GTO sounds like just the right car, especially for you.

As Andy's already pointed out, it's got great modification potential - all LSX's do. Also, it's quick right out of the box - so it's not like you'd need to dump a bunch of money in it from the get-go. Also, it's got that sleeper factor that seems to fit with your personality. However, the whole sleeper thing is kind of negated by the fact that it's yellow; I wouldn't have pegged you as someone who'd rock a yellow car.

Don't buy a car based on the monthly payment, there's much more to it than that. But yeah,the GTO's are sexy stock, is it just me or are they slammed from the factory? Is it a stick man? Please say it is...lol.

I will post all info tonight, Yellow is Tizzie ( I doubt anyone here knows that movie referance) and imagine the plates BiGBird. I do like the sleeper esk effect.

I know there are alot more thing to consider when buying a car matt, sadly this is the first car in a while i can buy without a cosigner its part of operation rebuild my credit.

thorne, you can get a nice, low mileage 04 for 20, or even 19. and, if you buy an auto, i will smack you with a carp.

This is what the potential buyers on the GTO forums keep saying. $20k usually buys you an automatic with silver wheels and 35k+ miles.

Deals like that are out there to be had, but they are far and few between. Especially around here for some reason. :(

There is always something 'better' out there. Kind of like I would NEVER consider modding an LT1. LS1s are better enough to justify paying more.

:)

LS1's get pussy hurt when I whoop up on them. :) That, and when I bought my car, a used LS1 wasn't easily attainable.

But the motor is only part of my reasoning for the 04 vs. 05. Hood, brakes, and opposite exit exhaust are just as big of factors, and make the car look a whole lot better IMO. Not that your car is ugly; I like it too.

My opinion if you're choosing between a GTO and WS6 buy the GTO unless the WS6 is 1/4 the cost.

2 guys who own 2000+ TAs, and have ridden in my GTO, both commented on how much better the GTO rides. Also, there is NO comparing the interiors. I like the TA interior, but the GTO is in a different class.

Just something to think about.