Engine bay and engine cleaning help??

Balian

Easiest thing to do (if you don't have open intakes) is spray the engine down with muti purpose orange cleaner. Drive the car to the car wash and leave the engine running while you spray it off. If you can find a car wash with a hot water rinse (Bethel Rd), that works best.Close the hood and run the car for 10 minutes or so. This steam cleans the engine. You may need to repeat in a week or so. If you have a ratty engine bay with exposed wires and connections, don't do this.This may not be the way to go with some cars, but works great for many.

Jaxwax orange citrus, spray it everywhere. Then power wash off (quarter car was is great, you dont have to clean up the mess)

let it dry for a few min, then spray it down with jax wax shine all, and then go for a quick drive. Looks brand new.

go to the auto parts store, get 2x cans of 2.39 engine gunk remover, make sure its the foaming kind. cover all open intakes/coil packs, alternator (doesnt have to be airtight, but you dont want it soaked). spray it all over until everything is white, let sit 10 min, then spray again, go over w/ loose bristle brush, firmer brush on very dirty parts, then spray once more, let sit for 10 min. then spray down with a light mist spray, get all degreaser off, let run for 10 min or so to evaporate most of it. get a towel for any spots of pooled up water

then, get a can of cd2 engine detailer. i cant find it except at autozone at rt 3/161. spray it on all parts of bay, let sit for 5 min. it says not to rub it in, but if you dont, it looks like water spots. let it dry some, then rub it in with a towel or microfiber works well

sounds like a lot, but you can do this in about an hour and it looks pimp. mine lasts about 2-3 months afterwards before i do it again...heres a couple pics.

before/after in my 03 elantra...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/PICT4931.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/PICT4937.jpg