Navigator Won't Stay Started

Wease

OK, so I go to move my Navigator this morning and it won't start. It turns over, sputters, never starts. So against my better judgement, I push the gas in a bit when starting it and it fires right up. But I have to give it some gas to keep it running. Once I let off of that gas pedal, it dies. It's not throwing any codes either. Anyone have any idea? I was thinking IAC right off the top of my head, but I'm not sure. Please help, my wife hates not driving her car... :(

I scanned it as well, no codes. But after reading some this morning and talking with a buddy, I'm guessing IAC. Problem is, I don't know where it is, so I'm trying to find that out now... ;)

this same thing happened w/ my mod motor in my crown vic. i would have to keep giving it gas or it would die out. it turned out to be my idle air control.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what it is, too... :)

Try cleaning that one off and trying again before just buying a new one (obviously) Sometimes they just get gunked up. Just my .02

Yeah, I could do that too, but I read quite a few threads where guys did that, and had problems again soon after. I'll spend the $40 and get a new one... :)