In 20 Years Will A Civic Be A Muscle Car??

stangsn95gt

I was at a party a few months ago at a buddies house, we were all having a good time, imports and domestics together. for some reason this honda civic started to race cars and trucks too. after loosing to them he came back and told us he got my friends trans am at the 60 ft :bs: but in reality my buddy gave him a second or 2 head start. Anyways to get back to the point the owner of the civic said without a doubt the dumbest thing i have ever heard.

IN 20 YEARS A HONDA CIVIC WILL BE CONSIDERED A MUSCLE CAR. :nono:

I thought this would be a good topic for the kitchen

Guest Removed
no honda civic will never be a muscle car. Also you can never put the words civic and muscle car in the same sentence again.

i'm sorry it will never happen again.

im disappointed in myself for doing so.

- 1000 points

Guest Removed
cadillac has more claim to the word muscle car than that. dont try to prove it wrong. i know of a few in the 10s and even 8s

well see

hot roding is all about taking the bigest motor, and stuffing it in the smallest ,lightest thing possible..

512(built) + chevette= a hot rod..granted it still a chevette, but its been hot rodded..right?

460 + pinto= HR

BBC + Vette = Factory hot rod

Back when it all started, with model a and what not..t-bucket + biggest motor you could pull at the junk yard, and pry hammer and weld that bitch in there all in the name of speed...

there all muscle cars, if they have more muscle.

ok im a honda man i had my 00 si and sold it......97 accord,90 civic and my bro has a 12 sec @ 120 street tire @ 15 psi, 93 octane and 2750 lbs w/ driver.....daily driven civic ( it was 2 years ago it runs better now ). but in all honesty that doesnt make it a muscle car........... to me a muscle car is a large cc engine w/ gobs of torque and small powerbands. my.02

anything american has more claim to the words muscle car including a ford pinto and geo metro

I hate to break it to ya, but the only american thing about the metro is the "geo" badge. It's a Suzuki Swift with shorter headlights, a different upper bumper, and a hood that goes down further. to accomidate the bumper redesign and shorter headlights.

That said, I was driving my Metro 'vert that I used to have, top down, nice day and all, and a ricer with his kid in this monstrosity of a civic, fart cannon and all decided to show his kid how badass his car was in comparison to my stock, 1 liter 3cyl with it's 55hp and 3-speed auto...

Too bad my car was keeping up with his for the most part. If your car can't even leave a Metro far, far behind you, it will never, ever be a muscle car.