My new PC

ohio_wookie

Decided it was time to upgrade so I gots me a,

19" Rosewill Widscreen monitor (1440x900) big enough for me

Asus P5LD2 mobo (cheap, but it gets the job done)

Pentium D 930 3.0GHz overclocked to 3.9GHz (heluva lot faster than the P4)

Thermaltake Bigwater 745 Liquid Cooling kit w/arctic silver 5 soon to get a VGA waterblock

2G of OCZ DDR2 Ram

ATI Radeon X1900XT 512M ram

500W Thermaltake power supply

2 DL DVDRW drives

1 WD 320GB SATA drive

2 Maxtor 200GB EIDE drives

The processor runs at 36degrees celsius idle and 45C with a load.

I removed the large radiator from the water system, it only droped the temp 1degree, and it leaked :mad:. but the GPU runs a crazy 75C with a load, so I will get a waterblock for that soon.

Currently running Gentoo Linux and Windows suXP Pro

Its a sleeper :)

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/ohio_wookie/IMG_1981.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/ohio_wookie/IMG_1974.jpg

its nice to see others like the trackball, to bad everyone is discontinuing them. little known fact trackball > mouse for pc gaming. less body movement alows for better speed and accuracy.

The whole setup was about $1400, for everything but the usb speakers keyboard and mouse.

yeah its dual core and 64bit (which i still dont understand why all the windows folk still waste there money on a 64bit processor, and use a 32bit os) im going to get race driver 3 and wheel, when i get some more money.

Noice PC

I would have fixed/kept the external and ditched the internal...

The internal radiator is actually the shitter and more restrictive of the 2..

Carefully watch the resoivore & pump fitting.

Mine started leaking after a week due to a hairline crack that developed.

Switched to a DD acrylic 5 1/4 bay res. and never been happier

thanks for the suggestions shawn, im going to stick new fittings on that external radiator. the problem is that the inside of the fitting was striped real bad. im going to experiment with that one when its fixed. maybe submerse it in oil, or remove the fan caseing and submerge it in salty ice water. just for fun

its quiter than my last set up, but its still fairly loud (plus i upgraded the fan). but the fan speed is adjustable. which is cool because this time around they went from the 1/4" tubing to the 3/8", which moves a hell of alot more liquid, so it tends to stay cooler even with the fan all the way down, which is extremely quite.

I go to Shawnee State University for Game/Simulation Engineering. I am working for the school making a simulation of the campus and as a lab tech. but, I also do some freelance programming, and I have a few projects of my own that I hope will one day make me a very famous computer programmer. :)

its nice to see others like the trackball, to bad everyone is discontinuing them. little known fact trackball > mouse for pc gaming. less body movement alows for better speed and accuracy.

We're like long lost brothers. No one understands how sweet a track ball is for gaming! Maybe that's why I get called on for "hacking."

ok, so 2 days under the one month of owning my pc, my water pump died. my the computer overheated real bad and shut off. my big problem is newegg says that i have to go threw the manufacuturer and thermaltake has realllllly shitty technical support. im a little pissed. but the stock heatsink is working pretty good.

ok, so 2 days under the one month of owning my pc, my water pump died. my the computer overheated real bad and shut off. my big problem is newegg says that i have to go threw the manufacuturer and thermaltake has realllllly shitty technical support. im a little pissed. but the stock heatsink is working pretty good.

Warned ya. lol

1. get rid of the resevoir. go buy a DD acrylic bay one fro MicroCenter

2. while your their get yourself another pump.

3. Be VERY careful with the fittings ont he external/internal radiator they require a certain amount of force, too little it leaks like a siv, too much and you get much of the same.