Corvette Blue Devil (Sting Ray)

Drewhop

This is a sweet car. And should be in production next summer. Now here is my little rant. I had a customer call up today wanting to come put a downpayment on this car that does not even have a release date. He also owns a 06 z06 with get this 19 miles on it. Guess i just dont understand rich people.

Maybe it has 76 passes at the strip on it.

If that means the car is placed at the starting line, stopped directly AT the finish line, and never rolled around anywhere.

Assuming 1/4 strip, 1/4 mile run-off, then driving back to the line, 19 passes would be more accurate. :)

Are there sneak pictures of the new stringray yet?

Only pictures i have seen it looks like a Dark Blue z06 with black wheels. There are a few pictures of the engine floating around which is scary looking.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/spyphotoid/6050701.001/americancarfans/1.html

the pics of the engine i dont think you can really tell what it is.

i bet the one he is putting a down payment on wont even have 19 miles

It's also likely he can't drive and doesn't even know how to handle what the Z06 puts out. Maybe it's better that he doesn't drive it, because it might end up wrapped around a tree somewhere.

haha If I had a Z06 with only 19 miles on it those would be the hardest 19 miles that car has ever seen.

I don't understand why some of these rich people buy these awesome cars and then stick them in a garage and never drive them. Most of them probably do it not because they love the car, but just so they can brag to their friends and family. If you have a car, aren't you supposed to drive it? It's like buying a nice house in Hawaii and never staying there. Seems like a total waste.

I don't understand why some of these rich people buy these awesome cars and then stick them in a garage and never drive them. Most of them probably do it not because they love the car, but just so they can brag to their friends and family. If you have a car, aren't you supposed to drive it? It's like buying a nice house in Hawaii and never staying there. Seems like a total waste.

Well if he can afford a new Z06 and not put any miles on it he probably can also afford and probably has another car like a BMW 5 or 7 series or a Mercedes.

If I could afford a Vette it would be driven a little bit more than his but I would still keep my WRX as my daily driver.

Well if he can afford a new Z06 and not put any miles on it he probably can also afford and probably has another car like a BMW 5 or 7 series or a Mercedes.

If I could afford a Vette it would be driven a little bit more than his but I would still keep my WRX as my daily driver.

True, but some of these people seriously buy the car and park it straight in the garage to be stored. I'm not saying that the Z06 should be his DD, but how can you enjoy it if you only drive it a couple miles each year? Well I guess its his money, so he can do whatever he wants with it, but it seems silly to me.....