Front forks sing?

demitrix

So as many of you know i just got my Ninja 250. Something i was curious about, sometimes when i move the bike the front forks or that area, emits a high pitched squeal, its not like metal on metal its more like a tuning fork that was just struck. I was curious of how normal this is and what exactly it is

What else would sing, other than the brake rotor. Can't imagine it would be like that from the factory, but dunno. Applying the front brake would make it better or worse, and indicate that it was indeed the front brake rotor. Guess it would also mean that the brake pads were dragging on the rotor. They might be a bit out of alignment? The new fix is that blue anti-squeal goop, or similar. The old time fix was make a gasket of brown paper, soak it in oil, and use it under the caliper. Note: old Hondas have a bad habit of growing a glob of snot-like stuff behind the caliper piston and refusing to retract.

Not yet i havent. It doesnt seem to be anything bad as it stops soon as the bike starts actually moving under its own power. I cant find a way to replicate it regularly. On most occasions if i sit still and turn the wheel back and forth or sometimes when i back out of a parking spot itll do it till i start moving forward. maybe ill try to get a video of it.