LS1 TUNING RUTAN TA FTmotherfuckingW

98fiveseven1647545503

It is true! :woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo:

John Rutan, who is now tuning LSx vehicles (and more I believe), recently did some tuning on my car and has me in the right direction. We Proceeded as far as we could with my knock sensors giving up. ~3200rpm-redline i go to the low octane table. John got me set up with some new(er) sensors and once We confirm that the pcm and the log file are correct, that they went bad we will continue with some more tuning.

As some of you know I ran around on his Nitrous tune (which was tuned by JESSE BUBB)for a period of time. That tune picked up .5 on my quarter mile time. 12.5 and it was going into the low octane table mid rpm range to redline.

Already I can feel more power in the lower rpms before the KR. More noticeable tire spin earlier and harder. This is by far the BEST TUNE I have had in the car, period. I am VERY PLEASED with Johns tuning and support so far. Definitely worth the money I paid! He is also competitively priced. I expect to see him pick up more and more business. I believe he is one of the best LSx Tuners in the area! I can't wait to get my exhaust finished and get the wideband o2 bung installed so we can proceed further with this tune, and perfect it. I will definitely return to John for tech help and future tuning.(Nitrous baby!!)

With his fresh ideas and view point on tuning. Not to mention his Skill as a GM TECH, I believe it sets him apart from the rest of the tuners.Not only reading and understanding what is happening he can guide you to make the correct repairs, and Im sure he could do it for a small fee. Im sure that Anthony will chime in with his experiences with Johns capabilities with one of the hardest platforms a boosted 98 car!!

Thanks A lot John and Good luck

My car no longer has a stock/modified F-Body OS in the PCM. It's a custom built OS designed for my car from the ground up.

John definitely knows his shit about GM mechanical/electrical work, and his skills with tuning are manifesting at an amazing rate. That makes for a hand-in-hand combo that's very difficult to beat.

I have to say John does amazing work!! Before I took my car to him I couldnt idle without stalling out. Everywhere I went I had to drive with 2 feet to keep my rpms above 1200. If I tried to brake without giving the car gas at the same time it would cut off. After an hour on his laptop John was able to make my car feel close to stock.

• 4 weeks later...
'01 S10. anthony already talked to you about it. Said u would need to scan it since u had a file for a blazer and wasnt sure if it would work on it or not.

Your truck ain't shit Aaron. My truck would do summer-saults around yours. haha just playin. Did you get the Bird runnin yet?