Looking for computer websites for good deals

Rustlestiltskin

I'm in the market to purchase a new computer and was wondering what sites offer good package deals. I already checked out dell's website and was leaning towards a customized E510 w/ a 17'' or 19'' LCD flat screen but I'm wondering if I could get a similar computer setup elsewhere for cheaper.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys n girls :cool:

Thanks,

Paul

Dont buy from Tigerdirect.com. I have heard nothing but bad about their site, RMA, and customer service (or lack there of).

Newegg and MonarchComputer are my favorites. And yes, it is almost always cheaper to build it yourself.

+1 for NewEgg (online) and +1 for Microcenter (retail). Both are class acts, and if you're doing something high end, a hell of a lot cheaper than going through Dell, Gateway, HP, or the other name brands. If you're squeamish about building it yourself, Microcenter will also build it for you if you buy the parts there.

Another one for NewEgg for purchasing your own parts to build your own. But I will suggest if you only use your computer for basic needs (internet, email, word processing) it is much cheaper to get a prebuilt one through someplace like Dell. Dell's prices for basic full computers (monitar, keyboard, etc.) with a legal copy of XP are unbeatable. How many of us can build a full computer with monitar, a legal copy of XP for less than $400? XP alone is $200.

If you do a lot of gaming or a lot of video processing and such, then build your own and it will be much cheaper.

Once you know, you newegg.

The keyword being *once*. If you aren't computer savvy and don't really want to be, then you should get a dell. Don't let anyone tell you they don't make solid computers, and if you browse a site like fatwallet or slickdeals every few days til something particularly good comes along, you can get a heck of a deal on a complete system, and never have to learn the difference between DDR and DDR2. On the other hand if you do want to learn what it takes to build your own, then newegg.com is the only site you need.