Looking for a company that can make tooling...

Mallard

Phil, My uncle that owns a company in Florida doing custom stainless steel fabrication will be up here tomorrow and Wednesday on his way up to Michigan.

He's originally from there (Michigan) and has a lot of contacts in the business in that area. I'll ask him if he knows anyone. I'm pretty sure they get their parts x-rayed somewhere up there.

Is this part what I think it is, just for reference? Kind of interesting you are going that route.

My company does aluminum casting, but I think we get our molds from somewhere else. I'll find out tomorrow.

Hit me up on AIM or I'll chat at you if I see you on. I have some questions about the process you are talking about in case anyone I talk to ask. Not familiar with what 'soft casting' is or what would normally be involved with casting the number of parts you are talking about doing.

Do you guys manufacture your own parts where you work? Just wondering?

It's better to go with someone locally.. From experience, with the amount of money you will spend, you will be working with them quite a bit to get things just the way you want.

I didn't know you still knew how to post.

But yes, I agree, someone local would be best. Hopefully Jesse's uncle knows someone good in the area or else I'll start cold calling places.

shoot me an email with what you have in mind. I work as cnc machinist/programmer. If I cant do it I might have some leads for you to try.

jiterfish1@netscape.net

I am a Foundry Engineer here at Columbus Steel Castings.....what may I help you with? What kind of material are you looking for? I may be able to help

Send me a pm...

Daniel

I need to cast some aluminum pieces (intercooler endtanks). I need either an SLA part made so that this other place can make the mold and cast it, or I need a place that will make the mold.

I have a quote from a place in MI, but let me know if either of your companies deal with this type of thing.