Audi r8

evan9381

fucking hotness....taken from another forum im on...

http://media.carster.com/images2/news/081406/081406-cover.jpg

and the other...

http://media.carster.com/images2/news/081406/081406-1.jpg

Check the page out here.

Wiki on the R8...

//The Audi R8 will be available in mid 2007 with a 4.2 litre V8 making 420-bhp, as seen in the Audi RS4. A second, more powerful engine variant that uses the 520-bhp, 5.2 litre V10 as seen in the Audi S8 and the Lamborghini Gallardo is rumored but not confirmed by Audi. The R8 has a dry weight of 3200 pounds. A 0 - 60 time of about 4.2 seconds is possible with a top speed of about 180 mph. Audi is currently in the process of developing a new 5.2 litre turbocharged V10 powerplant for the future Audi RS6 and there is a possibility that this engine will make its way into the R8, dependent on marketing decisions. Test mules of this vehicle are developing well in excess of 600-bhp with the turbocharged 5.2 litre. If this were to happen it is almost certain that this would create an RS8. This engine / chassis combination may very well be the planned successor of the BMW Z8. There is some confusion with the name which the car shares with the Le Mans winning R8 LMP. Originally, many thought the car would be called the R9 (as there is a gap in numbering left when Audi announced the R8's successor, the diesel powered R10).//

I think Audi dropped the ball on this one. It looks exotic, yes but that doesnt mean it looks good. Looks like a concept from 10 years ago.

EDIT: Now that i think about it it looks like the Mustang Mach III Concept from a long time ago.

Guys, it's a test vehicle, it's not a show car. All the black is probably either tape or it's painted matte black for other reasons (camo, etc). The red on the back probably isn't production either...or the Gallardo wheels...

why would they just rebadge a gallardo with the option of a smaller engine?

To make a pimp looking mid engine car that handles well and looks exotic for a lower sticker price.

And it's not exactly re-badged...it's a completely different car. That's like saying the Mustang is a rebadged Lincoln LS.

I think it looks good, but I'm kinda dissapointed by it. I mean, it shares its name with one of the greatest racing cars of all time. It should have more in common with the original R8 than just the engine displacement and the 4 rings on the front. I'm sure they'll find plenty of playboys who are willing to pay whatever rediculous amount they ask for it, though.