On Demand towing...

sslbn8o

MODS: Please move this if this is in the wrong section. This is a cross between a rant and a consumer report...

Okay. I'm driving home from work about a half hour, pull in my apartment complex parking lot, and see that my red AE86 coupe is not where I had it parked. I am thinking someone stole my car, and I was about to shit myself. So, I go to the front of the complex where the "private property" sign is, and read who the towing company is around here. It says On Demand Towing service. I jot down the number, get up to my apartment, and call the service. A guy answers the phone...

On Demand: How can I help you?

Me: Yes, I need to know where my '86 Toyota Corolla is. (I state the complex I live in and whatnot)

On Demand: Yessir, we have the vehicle.

Me: I had no notice of why my car would be impounded, may I ask why you have it?

On Demand: I cannot tell you right now. Call in the morning.

Me: Okay, how much will it cost to take out?

On Demand: I cannot tell you that either, call in the morning, boy.

Me: Why can't you- (he cuts me off)

On Demand: Look here boy, I am tired of your shit. It's 2:30 in the morning, waaay past your bedtime.

Me: May I ask your name sir?

On Demand: That is none of your damn business.

Me: Your man-(cuts me off again)

On Demand: I will not give you my boss' number or name either. I'm dont talking to you.

Me: Why can't-(cuts me off again)

On Demand: Look here mother fucker, I will kick your ass when you come to get your piece of shit car back.

Me: Don't give me that shit, I wanna know-(he hangs up on me)

So, I call them back, and I tell him who I am, and he hangs up on me again. He just called me and left a voicemail while I was typing this. He diddn't say anything, just heard alot of beeping noises, like he was afraid to curse at me on the phone. Anyways, back to what I was saying. He hangs up on me, and I call him back. He again asks how he can help me, and I tell him I will be there in the morning with a witness to get my car back in the morning, and I'm sure you will beat my ass, correct? He pushes buttons on the phone, and hangs up. He sounded like a hick anyways. Is there anything I can do to get him fired from his job? I thought about taking him to small claims court, suing his company, and trying to get my car back for free. He also states that my car was impounded because of the small crack in the window the size of a paper dollar. Is this a ligit reason to impound a fucking car? The car also has tags from the guy I bought the car from, however, I got the current tags and plates in front of me right now. Imo, I think I am SOL, but please, someone tell me what I can do to get this guy fired, and get their company a bad reputation. I thought about calling the BBB, but the only thing they'll do is give them a slap on the wrist, and tell them not to do it again.

Anyways, STAY AWAY FROM ON DEMAND TOWING, located on Agler Rd. on the north side of Columbus.

your word against his, the most luck you will have is to complain to his manager and that will only matter if other people have complained.

worth a shot.

towing companies are like the BMV, they don't care about customer service you have to go to them anyways to get your shit. Its not like there is another BMV you can go to.

yeah like berto said only thing you can do is talk with this MGR. Although I would go in as earlier as possible and call his bluff about kicking your ass. If he tries anything that will surely get him fired. As for the car being towed I doubt it was towed for the cracked windshield If i had to guess it was towed for the tags if they were expired that would explain the tow. If not I would take with your apartment complexe to see if they had anything to do with it (more than likely they called the tow service). If so let them know so it doesn't happen again. then rip thier asses for not putting a warning notice on the car.

^^^Exactly^^^

On the phone or on the internet. I had to hold myself back from going up there, because it would only make matters worse, and make the chance of getting my car back in good shape worse. I've got the cops involved, they're working it out. I should have my car later on tonight.

• 4 weeks later...