Getting this off my chest

wnaplay1647545503

This was my car. Mine. I built it. I worked and paid for it. I turned every bolt that was in that car. Hours in a freezing one car garage in the middle of winter rebuilding the engine by hand. Years of putting it on the backburner while everything/everybody else got my attention. Hours of learning how to sew, just to be able to make original seat covers that noone could tell werent the real thing. Going so far as to mount my own tires on the rims. Just trying to make it as close to 100% original as possible. I stayed up after everyone went to bed and I myself should have been. All to have some heartless sob take it away from me in the middle of the night. A hit and skip piece of shit. Probably to drunk to know what he hit. Couldn't get to far at 2am. Leaving the entire front bumper including headlights at the scene. Watching it being loaded on a trailer to some guy in another state to scrap for parts. And me now probably living in the same neighborhood as the son of a bitch. Never a sorry I made a mistake and was to scared to stop. Nothing. Its been a few years now, and I still think I see the car that totaled my baby once a week. With every car show I see I will forever miss my car.

It was a 1971 chevelle. I was so pissed the night of the accident, that it was only after the cop took-off with the bumper that I even thought about some sort of identification on it. Then I called down to the station a few days later and I was told it was probably destroyed all ready.