Does Anyone Around Here...

Wease

I think it's unrealistic to drive the speed limit' date=' or even 5 over. I made a concentrated effort to drive 65 on 270 on my way to work today. mind you the speed limit is 55. and i was being passed by everyone. It's just unrealistic and unfeasable to NOT speed.[/quote']

Agreed completely.

This reminds me of that vid of that social experiment they conducted in Atlanta, where several cars got together, lined up next to each other on the freeway, and all went the speed limit. The other motorists went fucking nuts (e.g., flipping them off, getting pissed and passing on the berm). It adeptly illustrated their points: (1) no one goes the speed limit; (2) it's actually kind of unsafe to go the speed limit; and (3) when you get a ticket for speeding, like 80 in a 65, that's technically 15 over the speed limit, though the flow of traffic is such that doing 80 is usually just a few miles per hour over (if nothing over) what everyone else is going.

It adeptly illustrated their points: (1) no one goes the speed limit; (2) it's actually kind of unsafe to go the speed limit; and (3) when you get a ticket for speeding, like 80 in a 65, that's technically 15 over the speed limit, though the flow of traffic is such that doing 80 is usually just a few miles per hour over (if nothing over) what everyone else is going.

I agree. But at 80, you are that guy standing out from the crowd, doing 5 - 10 over what the crowd is doing. And as far as the law is concerned, that's 15 MPH over. I normally travel 8-9 over. And pass probably 90% of cars doing this. I do get passed on occasion and that's fine. I've adjusted my traveling plans and timetables according to that 8-9 over... :nod:

Going the speed limit is only realistic for thsoe with funtional cruise controls.

When you are driving, you attention belongs everywhere BUT your fucking gauges.

That's true.. so I ask this..

WHY in the fuck are they putting the gauges in the MIDDLE of the fucking car? (Nissan Quest.. other cars).. So that the passengers in the rear can see how fast you're going?

Actually, If I remember correctly, even if you are going the speed limit, if you are disturbing the flow of traffic, you are breaking the law. So on the freeway, I usually just go as fast as everyone else. But on regular streets, I go 5-6 over.

Actually, If I remember correctly, even if you are going the speed limit, if you are disturbing the flow of traffic, you are breaking the law. So on the freeway, I usually just go as fast as everyone else. But on regular streets, I go 5-6 over.

Dooood code number? I could use this.

Can you cite where you saw this? i could definitly use this as well.

Had i been going 55 in the lane i was traveling, i would've/could've been pulled over for disturbing the flow of traffic.

Can you cite where you saw this? i could definitly use this as well.

Had i been going 55 in the lane i was traveling, i would've/could've been pulled over for disturbing the flow of traffic.

I think it was in the driving manual you get from the BMV when you are training to be a driver.

I remember it vividly because we were talking about it in driving class, and I commented by saying "Just what kind of ass backwards driving law system do we have, anyway?"