COltboy should have built a subaru (GC8) for 200MPH passes.

SpaceGhost

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8855704521164669118&q=sti+mph&hl=en

Here is Andy's website: http://andyforrestperformance.co.uk/index2.html

This is in the UK, and is a record now at 210.2, Andy Forrest posted this on nasioc.com:

Yes it's true !

I have an in car video of the 210mph run which I have not yet hosted.

The 5mt gearbox runs custom ratios and i had a set of 26" tyres on to help keep the rpm down.

It ran just on 7900 rpm at the speed trap.

We done 3 runs on the day. 204mph 207mph and then removed the mirrors and wipers for the 210.2 mph run.

It was run over 1.5 miles and 210 mph was attained in just 30 seconds from a standing start. From the datalogs, crossing the timing beams it was still accelerating at 1 mph per second

Andy

You can read all the retarded comments by all the experts in the thread that feel dumb now. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1075320&page=1&pp=25

If nobody read the thread you should, all the experts posted that he was not doing 200MPH that they have experience going 140-150 so they can judge speed by how fast the camera moves.... tools......

Of course its nasioc. :rolleyes:

If nobody read the thread you should, all the experts posted that he was not doing 200MPH that they have experience going 140-150 so they can judge speed by how fast the camera moves.... tools......

I thought it was kinda pathetic that the one guy judged it was like 168.866 MPH cause of how fast the camera and the guy in the shot turned. I stopped reading after that comment. That car was bookin' it and I'm not gonna argue with the speed.

If only it had a flux capacitor, time travel would be possible!

It only takes 88 mph, that car would be overkill. At least you'd get up to the required speed a lot faster than a porky DeLorean. Makes running from Libyans in a mall parking lot so much easier.

ya know the video of coltboy doing that would be interesting to see

Its really not.

People will hate, no matter how many ways you document the event. If he had GPS, laser, radar, NORRAD, and baby Jesus confirming his speed, people would STILL question it.

Edit*

Now, before I say anything-how what his MPH logged? I just watched the fly by video, and it is fast, but looked far less impressive than one I can get on the net-and I believe I was only @ 185mph when I passed the camera-and the camera was farther away. Also, if you guys were crafty, you would know where a little clip of a top speed run of mine is. I will give you a clue-it is on streetfire.

Its really not.

People will hate, no matter how many ways you document the event. If he had GPS, laser, radar, NORRAD, and baby Jesus confirming his speed, people would STILL question it.

Edit*

Now, before I say anything-how what his MPH logged? I just watched the fly by video, and it is fast, but looked far less impressive than one I can get on the net-and I believe I was only @ 185mph when I passed the camera-and the camera was farther away. Also, if you guys were crafty, you would know where a little clip of a top speed run of mine is. I will give you a clue-it is on streetfire.

i thought you were never going to post it for reasons of the law or something like that :rolleyes:

i thought you were never going to post it for reasons of the law or something like that :rolleyes:

The in car video and the fly by video are to separate things that don’t reference eachother.

Besides, the fly by vid I have is from a separate night of racing anyways.

And yes, I am currently involved in a lawsuit. The other lawyer is a complete ass-so I dont think he would ever think to search the web, but I am not chancing it.

I will find the tape and have my boy post it.

So can anyone confirm the method of measure for this claimed speed?

JP, I understand if you don't want to or can't divulge anything, but I'm a little confused. I thought you were the only car involved with your incident, and a lawsuit implies that some individual (or business entity) is being sued by another. ???

This shit you destroy when you crash IE signs, guardrails, cones....ect, wether it is your fault, you die, its snowing, its the apocalypse, or not, evidently needs to be paid for. You slide a long way @ over 3x the speed limit, and my brakes did about 2% on of the stopping. :(

Read the thread, beams with a measured distance, the only way it should be done. Distance/Time=Speed....

from my first post in this thread:

From the datalogs, crossing the timing beams it was still accelerating at 1 mph per second

You can't read can you, you just know how to click links like my 2 year old nephew......MORON

Read the thread, beams with a measured distance, the only way it should be done. Distance/Time=Speed....

from my first post in this thread:

You can't read can you, you just know how to click links like my 2 year old nephew......MORON

I breezed through, as I would have any other time. It was not explicitly stated, but hidden as a descriptive to his datalogs. If I was making such a controversial run, I would have said...

I went 207 mph today-measured by XXXX.....

Again, from personal experience- (at least were the video was taken) he was simply not doing 200mph.

And I would trust a GPS over timing boxes any day. I have seen 100's of timing errors given at the track and at land speed events, and have never seen a GPS reading that was questionable. Just food for thought since your such a super intelligent guy. :lol:

I breezed through, as I would have any other time. It was not explicitly stated, but hidden as a descriptive to his datalogs. If I was making such a controversial run, I would have said...

I went 207 mph today-measured by XXXX.....

Again, from personal experience- (at least were the video was taken) he was simply not doing 200mph.

And I would trust a GPS over timing boxes any day. I have seen 100's of timing errors given at the track and at land speed events, and have never seen a GPS reading that was questionable. Just food for thought since your such a super intelligent guy. :lol:

I guess you never trapped 148 then, it must have been a timing error......